Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

If your headache still persists, consider this:

1.  You mentioned that it was a "sickening headache," which means to me that you felt nauseated.  Correct?

2.  If you could qualify your pain level, would you say that it's the worst headache pain you've ever had?  If so, given #1 and the fact that this is the worst pain you've ever had, plus the results of a number of Emergency Room clinical studies (of which our hospital was one), you should get yourself to an E.R. now to rule out a number of clinically significant possibilities.

This forum is not a place to receive practical, homeopathic or pharmacological advice for you to act upon.  When in doubt, always head for an urgent care practice or E.R., if your primary care physician cannot see you "same day."

Respected Contributor

I'd be just as concerned by the left-side shoulder and neck pain as by the headache, and I'd have already seen a doctor or gone to urgent care.

Honored Contributor

Thanks all for the advice.....headache is mostly gone today, I am still feeling a bit sick to my stomach but much improved over yesterday.

If I am not better tomorrow I will make an appointment with the doctor.....I am rarely sick so I try not to jump to conclusions when I am not feeling good,  I just figure it will pass.  As I get older I should pay more attention I guess.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Thanks all for the advice.....headache is mostly gone today, I am still feeling a bit sick to my stomach but much improved over yesterday.

If I am not better tomorrow I will make an appointment with the doctor.....I am rarely sick so I try not to jump to conclusions when I am not feeling good,  I just figure it will pass.  As I get older I should pay more attention I guess.

That's the best guess you've made this whole thread.

The last thing my sister said to my brother before she dropped him off and returned home was "I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow about this awful pain in my neck." She went to bed and never woke up. Her heart had been giving her warning signs for days via that neck pain, and she kept putting off seeking help. She wasn't yet 40 years old.

There's a reason people have been telling you to get to the ER or urgent care. Between a long-lasting sick headache and the left-side shoulder and neck pain, you need professional attention immediately. Not "make an appointment tomorrow," but see someone today. If it's nothing, which I deeply hope, we'll all celebrate with you, and you can throw something online at me. If it's not nothing, we'll be here, too, to support you. Please go to urgent care or the ER.

Honored Contributor

It's rare if I get a headache.

I had a headache that I realized was a side effect of the antibiotic Avelox.  Nothing takes the headache away, it starts about day 2.  I got eye drops a couple of years ago that were also in the Avelox family and it did the same thing.  It was my fault of rnot mentioning the Avelox issue as I didn't think it matter with eye drops.  Duh!

For my headaches, I start with Tylenol.  If nothing changes in 4 hours, I move to Advil.  If nothing changes in 4 hours I move to Bayer.

I already take Allegra every day for allergies all year round (except for maybe a month or 2 if I'm lucky).

I would make an appointment with the doctor.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs

When sick nobody should "jump to a conclusion". That word means "the end/final answer etc". Even pains one has had prior does not always indicate that the end result or source is the same. Symptoms? Yes, conclusive? No.

Knowledge can be power, but not if it is not accurate or used by those that have little to no experience with specific types of medical issues. I doubt there is a person that has been alive for a few decades, that has not had a headache, but every time a person's head aches, does not indicate that the source of it is the same.

I doubt you would have posted about having a headache if you thought it was a typical type of headache for you. Guessing you you might be more concerned, thus that alone suggests you should have it looked at by someone in the medical profession.

Age can be one factor, but one should always pay attention to their body. Many serious types of headaches happen to even those much younger. I have stressed on this forum for well over a decade the importance of "listening to ones body, and learning how to read what is telling you". While that is so important, it never should override getting it looked at by someone that is a Medical Professional.  

Will leave it at the above.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)