Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard noises that no one else does?

@halfpint1 Can you go spend the night or two with your son and see if you still hear it? Or even spend a night in a hotel?  That might narrow down your symptoms.

Maybe hire a private health care person to spend a night and see if they hear it?  

Whatever the cause it may not be associated with anxiety at all.  But until you go see a good physician and be very honest with that person, and cooperate with them, it likely won't get better.

If nobody else hears it, you need medical help of some sort. 

Honored Contributor

If she does not take her medication, is not honest with doctors,  nothing we can do, i feel among other things she needs physiological help.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

I hope you were finally able to get to sleep last night; it bothers me to know you are having a tough time, and are not being guided in the direction for the right kind of help.

I have followed you closely for 3 1/2 years, and will be very honest and say that your health issues are worsening, to the point your doctor really needs to address the elephant in the room with your memory, level of confusion, extremely high anxiety, fear, and delusional thoughts about the noise you hear, but is never there until the evenings when you are home alone.   @halfpint1, these signs just can’t be ignored anymore because they are true signs that you need medical help.

I know you “feel” you are okay; you probably don’t feel any different than you’ve ever felt.   I bet you got up this morning and have gone thru your usual routine just like always, and are looking at this day as a normal Saturday.   If anyone asks you how you’re doing, you will say that you are “fine”.     I hear my 85 year old mom say “I’m fine” all the time, and honestly, she is not fine; she just lives in her own little world where everything is always fine.   

When you go to the doctor this next time, PLEASE have a serious discussion with him about your mental health.   I know you have aches, pains, rashes, moles, etc., that you mention at your appointments, but you doctor needs to be looking at a much bigger issue affecting your daily life.  Based on what you’ve said in the past months, and what you are saying now, I’m not sure you need to be in control of your medication.   

Esteemed Contributor

I am hearing such a loud noise now. 

I don't know what to do about it. In the past no one heard it. It comes at odd times. 

I don't say I am fine. I am scared when the noise comes.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1  go to urgent care if you can

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1,

Your admission of hearing this noise during the day, being afraid, and not knowing what to do, is another strong indicator of a cognitive issue.   Simply get up and walk out of the house, sit on your porch, sit in a chair in the yard and watch traffic up and down the street.   Clear your head from the noise and fear inside the house.   

Obviously you have been off the anxiety medication long enough for it to be out of your system, allowing your anxiety to build to this level again.   I have mentioned anxiety to you MANY times since your husband died.   You have the ability to control your anxiety thru daily doses of the medication prescribed from your doctor.   This medication was prescribed for you 2x.   You didn’t take it right the first time; you only took a pill when you heard the noise and had high anxiety.   Many of us explained this was a daily medication; you needed to take it as prescribed every single day for it to work on your anxiety.   You would not be where you are right now if the medication was in your system.  

Sweet lady, please understand that you are repeatedly telling us you no longer know how, or are incapable of, taking care of yourself!    

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 

I agree with @RedTop That the medicine won’t work unless you take it every day.  Don’t skip a day.  Our mind plays tricks on us, especially when we are scared, and especially at night.  I have been taking anti anxiety medicine for several years. It keeps me at an even keel, more calm so to speak.  I don’t have any side effects from the medicine.  But if I don’t take it, I can’t sleep and I act kinda crazy and worry about everything.  Talk to your doctor again, and see what he/she thinks.

How are you feeling now?

Honored Contributor

There is nothing we can say or do that will take the noise away.  You need to be observed by the medical people.  Once my dad was in a place where he could be observed they were able to try some different medications.  They hit on the right medication and he stopped hearing things.  It was a great relief to him and to us.  Also, my mother-in-law kept hearing a dog panting.  There were no dogs in the room.  Same thing for her.  After being observed for awhile they were able with medication to solve her problem, too.  She didn't have dementia but it made people start thinking she did.  Actually she lived to be 94 and never had dementia.  I will say a prayer for you tonight in hopes you will rest gently.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Halfpint1:  is your son the only close relative you have?  Would you be able to show him this thread--what you have been writing about for the past year and your wonderful friends on this board who have given you good advice?  Perhaps if your son could read what you have written it would help him to understand better.

Have you been to couseling since your husband passed?  It is possible you are stuck in the grieving process and feeling deep loneliness.  Perhaps someone could come stay with you for awhile if you have other close friends or relatives.

I don't mean to intrude, but I really think talking to a professional counselor would be extremely helpful.  Your medical insurance website would probably have a list of professionals close by to you, or your doctor could refer you if you ask.  I hope you reach out and ask for help from her/him.

I hope my post doesn't upset you, but I don't like to see anyone in such distress.  I truly believe you need to talk to someone in person in addition to communicating with your friends on this board.

God Bless.