Respected Contributor

Re: HAVE YOU EVER REPORTED A BAD REACTION?

@Squirrels Are Trash   I have been going through that with male doctors for years. In fact, two of them this past year. I fired one of them and am not going back to the other one.

Most of my doctors are female doctors, at least they listen and hear what you say.

Trusted Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Squirrels Are Trash   I have been going through that with male doctors for years. In fact, two of them this past year. I fired one of them and am not going back to the other one.

Most of my doctors are female doctors, at least they listen and hear what you say.

I have been slowly changing over to all women also. My skin cancer doctor is a women and has performed a few surgeries on me. I like her more every time I see her. like you said, she absolutely listens.

Honored Contributor

In the past I have notified docs and stopped taking meds, and refused to take meds afterwards.

I would not hesitate to notify FDA.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I reported that after the second COVID shot, I had extreme fatigue for six months.  Additionally immediaely following this shot, I had ringing in my ears - which continues -  and immediately lost some hearing in my right ear.

I reported this to the doctor (female)- who  informed me that this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the "vaccine."  The audiologist (also female) said the same.  They had the narrative down.

I also reported to VAERS and have heard nothing from them.

Recently, I had muscle aches( in both arms and one leg.  I asked my doctor if this could be do the statin drug I'm takeing.  OF COURSE NOT.  If I were going to react, it would be immediately not two years later.

Interestingly, when I started the statin I was told to take COQ10.  I had run out and then traveled and forgot about it.  Googling, I read that COQ10 could help offset the muscle aches caused by statins.  I immediately started retaking it and within a week, the muscle aches were gone.  The doctor never asked me about whether I was taking COQ10 - she was more intent on informing me that my aches could absolutely NOT be caused by a statin after a couple of months.

Don't be questioning that wonderful Covid vaccine or statin drugs.  You are now a source of "misinformation" and dangerous when you repeat such things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer When my Dr. gave me a statin drug she told me to also take COQ10 which I did for awhile. I stopped and never had any muscle aches whether I took it or not, so I didn't.  Also I took two covid vaccines and had no problem and never got covid at least I never got sick. Won't be taking anymore covid vaccines anyway. Everyone is different and I rarely if ever get sick.

Honored Contributor

If you have a bad reaction to a prescribed drug, call the prescribing doctor.

Some drugs can cause dangerous reactions in some people.

I, my husband and one of our sons had a bad reaction to codeine.  We can no longer take it.

Many people have reactions to penicillin.  

Some drugs cause your tongue and throat to swell, which can lead to death.

High blood pressure drugs can cause excessive coughing.

You got to be proactive when it comes to your health.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Isobel Archer When my Dr. gave me a statin drug she told me to also take COQ10 which I did for awhile. I stopped and never had any muscle aches whether I took it or not, so I didn't.  Also I took two covid vaccines and had no problem and never got covid at least I never got sick. Won't be taking anymore covid vaccines anyway. Everyone is different and I rarely if ever get sick.

I rarely get sick either.  And I never am so tired I have to take naps.  That's why it was so dispiriting to be so debilitated after the Covid shot.

The Covid shot wasn't actually a vaccine in the sense we normally think of vaccines - it didn't have the virus, but instead worked on the immune system.  Now they are saying that a study indicated that more than a quarter of the folks had an "unexpected" immune response.  They are saying this is no problem, but I'm not so sure of that.

I'm glad you didn't have muscle aches due to statins.  Clearly not everyone does.  My point was that instead of blowing me off, the doctor might have asked if I were taking CoQ10 - which for many of the people who have aches, remedies that.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I reported that after the second COVID shot, I had extreme fatigue for six months.  Additionally immediaely following this shot, I had ringing in my ears - which continues -  and immediately lost some hearing in my right ear.

I reported this to the doctor (female)- who  informed me that this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the "vaccine."  The audiologist (also female) said the same.  They had the narrative down.

Recently, I had muscle aches( in both arms and one leg.  I asked my doctor if this could be do the statin drug I'm takeing.  OF COURSE NOT.  If I were going to react, it would be immediately not two years later.

Interestingly, when I started the statin I was told to take COQ10.  I had run out and then traveled and forgot about it.  Googling, I read that COQ10 could help offset the muscle aches caused by statins.  I immediately started retaking it and within a week, the muscle aches were gone.  The doctor never asked me about whether I was taking COQ10 - she was more intent on informing me that my aches could absolutely NOT be caused by a statin after a couple of months.

Don't be questioning that wonderful Covid vaccine or statin drugs.  You are now a source of "misinformation" and dangerous when you repeat such things.

@Isobel Archer 

Even if they're considered "rare", people still have weird reactions to various vaccines and meds all the time.

People have allergic reactions all the time, too. 

Years ago, kids ate peanut butter with no problems.  Now, some day care facilities require they be a "Peanut Free Zone" and strongly enforce it.  

How is it I'm seriously allergic to shellfish, and neither of my sisters are?  

Go figure.  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Isobel Archer 

Even if they're considered "rare", people still have weird reactions to various vaccines and meds all the time.

People have allergic reactions all the time, too. 

Years ago, kids ate peanut butter with no problems.  Now, some day care facilities require they be a "Peanut Free Zone" and strongly enforce it.  

How is it I'm seriously allergic to shellfish, and neither of my sisters are?  

Go figure.  Woman Frustrated

Exactly - and science gains nothing by denying legitimate reporting of reactions.  This should be how we continue to learn.

In my case, for example, just as I have it in my medical record that I am allergic to Sulfa and therefore shouldn't take it, maybe future shots aimed at the immune system might not be for me - or at the very least I should have further evaluation to determine if I should take them or not depending on the particular circumstances.

I don't see how that threatens other people who want to take such shots.  And I don't like suddenly being branded a conspiracy theorist for mentioning my reactions.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer 

I don't think you're a conspiracy theorist for your opinion.  Sorry if I gave you that impression.