Respected Contributor

Re: HAD MY RIGHT KNEE REPLACEMENT 9/30, HOME YESTERDAY

Again thanks for the well wishes. Still in pain as expected, mostly on the outer right thigh and knee area, taking my pain meds and doing home PT. The home care team visited and completed the initial eval and so did my 3 yr old grandson (Mr. Busy)who had to check out my knee bandage and inform me that he also hurt his knee. That was my big smile for the day because he couldn't sit down for 5 mins and I couldn't stand for 5 mins without my walker. I'm wearing the leg air pump device on both legs to prevent blood clots(20 days in these things) and wearing the TED hose. They also insist I drink Ensure Max Protein to build muscle, had my first one today, chocolate of course (my favorite flavor) 30 grams of protein, 150 cal and only 6 carbs but  not very good to me and  I have six 4 pack boxes of this stuff. Oh well I will get thru it so for anyone heading towards a knee replacement, I just wanted to give a little heads up. I feel great, it just takes time to recover so make the best of it and if you have a visit from your little grandbabies, enjoy because they can make you smile through it all. Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

Re: HAD MY RIGHT KNEE REPLACEMENT 9/30, HOME YESTERDAY

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

Glad things seem to be going well for you in your recovery. I will pass this on to my wife. She is having that same knee replaced, I believe  on the 29th of this month. Took her too long, in my opinion, to talk her into having this done. She is just the opposite of me when it comes to needed body repairs, I can't get them done soon enough so I can get back to 100%.

Hope your recovery keeps on the same path for you.

hckynut

hckynut(john)