Honored Contributor

Re: Grazing or snacking -- whatever you want to call it --

@MarieIG

Everything you say is true and I know that.  I know what I am doing is wrong.  I am trying hard.  Thank you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@151949

I am always really busy, so that's not it.  Sometimes I am too busy and I think this makes me nervous and then I also snack as a way to calm me down.  I know what I am doing is not helpful to me and I am trying to address it.  Thank you for your post.  

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne

Maybe you are right.  I keep eating the oatmeal because I know it is good for me but I am getting bored with it so that might be a problem, too.  Thanks so much for your kind post!  

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

You have a good point.  I have been eating oatmeal for ages and I think I am bored with it.  Perhaps I should try the yogurt and fruit thing.  I read once that if you are trying to watch your weight you should get in a pattern and just keep eating the same thing over and over.  That way you don't have to make choices and it is just automatic.  I don't know --- I don't think that is working for me!!! 

As for the music and tapes, that sounds lovely but I have no way of doing that at work.  However, I can get in my car at lunch and just drive around and listen to some tapes or soft jazz which I really like. 

Thank you a lot for your tips and concern!  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

veggie-grazing-tray-1024x768.jpg

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Super Contributor

My suggestion is to meditate a few times a day.  Before you leave for work, at lunch, and then when you come home from work. 

Continuing to munch when stressed, even if it's low cal, is still setting yourself up for fixating on eating when stressed.  Better to break the stress/eat cycle you are on.  Relieve the stress in another way.