Honored Contributor

I seem to be suffering from red tide.

[ Edited ]

Here by the Gulf of Mexico we get a fungus in the water called red tide. It kills off a lot of fish and then they release it into the air as they decay. It is like the worst hay fever days! I called the doctor to ask him for a refill on my allergy med and he said he suspects it is red tide and I should stay inside in the AC.I saw on the news they are bringing prisoners to clean up the dead fish on the beaches and that should help a lot.

Honestly,if it is not one thing it is another!I have been walking about 2miles a day but I suppose I'll go to the gym instead today because it is inside in AC.

Honored Contributor

Re: I seem to be suffering from red tide.

Wow, this sound serious and I'm sorry you have it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Sorry you are dealing with the Red Tide. I have never heard about it. I agree with your doc about staying in doors with the AC.  I hate hay fever. Drives me crazy with the ragweed in the fall. Hope you feel better soon. I'm not sure what's causing all my nasal drainage but I'm sick of it. I feel like I'm blowing out buckets every morning when I get up. Maybe I'm allergic to my bed. I think I may have to start wearing some type mask when I dust.

Respected Contributor

It's just terrible when it happens. The scientists and bureaucrats need to get together and find out ways to deter or prevent it. I feel sorry for any vacationers who want to relax at our normally fine beaches. One year we took DH's sister over to Sanibel Island and the air was so bad we could not stay. 

Honored Contributor

It is very windy here today and we are only a mile and a half from the beach as the crow flies so I feel that has a lot to do with it.The doc did not hesitate a second to say it was redtide.I have no reason to go out but knowing I can't makes me want to.