Respected Contributor

OP, if you are changed over to an oil or something like Marinol, you will get the effects you need-without altering lung capacity.

Poodlepet2

Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

OP, if it's legal....what are the concerns then? Once again, across the board, surgeons etc. don't want you smoking anything....

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 I think it is pretty clear that my concern is about having to go 30 days without one of my medications.

Honored Contributor

I just posted to wish you well. I don't have any first hand  knowlege to share, but if I were you ,I would  come clean about it with your Dr. In my opinion ,it's always better to level with people and to tell the entire truth upfront

If they test you they will find out anyway, and your Dr might be angry that you didn't tell the truth to him/her

Honored Contributor

@canada1

It could be that the surgeon wants to know the level of THC in your system, in case the anesthesiologist may need to adjust amount/type of anesthesia.

He's the one that would now if your level or any level of THC would interfere with the particular anesthesia that he's planning to use.

I wouldn't worry about the test, the surgeon knows THC will be there, since you told him you have a prescription.

Go pee in that cup lady, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

Re: Passing drug test??

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom The surgeon's nurse says if I fail the test, they will not perform the surgery. She is concerned that having it in my system could interfere with the anesthesia. I don't think she knows a lot about this drug and is being overly cautious.

Honored Contributor

@kemiqueen wrote:

@hckynut Marijuana is legal in my state. My concern has nothing to do with breaking federal law, LOL. Nevermind.

@canada1

From reading another of your post, it also asking for medical suggestions, leaves me to wonder. With what seems to concern you about the effects of "topical cosmetics, and weed" you would have taken enough time to get answers, not suggestions, from those on a Wellness and Beauty Forum, but rather from a doctor or attorney.

I don't fall easily if a suspect a "bait and hook", and without more specificity about the "why's/what'fors", I will not be expecting any more info coming this way. 

Have 2 medical doctors in my family, 1 of which is an Anesthesiologist. I can assure you, he would not go against Federal Law, to take part in anyone's surgery. His Insurance premiums are already high enough.

LOL, back at'cha,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Re: Passing drug test??

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I just posted to wish you well. I don't have any first hand  knowlege to share, but if I were you ,I would  come clean about it with your Dr. In my opinion ,it's always better to level with people and to tell the entire truth upfront

If they test you they will find out anyway, and your Dr might be angry that you didn't tell the truth to him/her

@cherry Thank u. I think u misread my OP. Nobody cares that I use medical marijuana. I'm not doing anything wrong or illegal. The only reason they are testing me is bc I opened my big mouth. I was just being up front and honest when going over my medications. Now the surgeon's nurse is overly concerned about me going under anesthesia. 

Respected Contributor

@canada1, does a doctor prescribe the marijuana that you smoke? 

Honored Contributor

If you told the truth ,you did the right thing in the first place. Everything we put into our bodies affect us in one way or another

With me it's carbs, and the first thing I tell any medical person is I am a diabetic.

I'm sure they have delt with people in your predicament before, and can offer some suggestions

Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@kemiqueen wrote:

@hckynut Marijuana is legal in my state. My concern has nothing to do with breaking federal law, LOL. Nevermind.

@canada1

From reading another of your post, it also asking for medical suggestions, leaves me to wonder. With what seems to concern you about the effects of "topical cosmetics, and weed" you would have taken enough time to get answers, not suggestions, from those on a Wellness and Beauty Forum, but rather from a doctor or attorney.

I don't fall easily if a suspect a "bait and hook", and without more specificity about the "why's/what'fors", I will not be expecting any more info coming this way. 

Have 2 medical doctors in my family, 1 of which is an Anesthesiologist. I can assure you, he would not go against Federal Law, to take part in anyone's surgery. His Insurance premiums are already high enough.

LOL, back at'cha,

hckynut(john)

@hckynut I thought this was a place to get friendly support until my doctors are back in the office to return my calls. I feel very uncomfortable after reading your comments to me and will be going now.