Contributor

Thanks to those who were kind. 

Respected Contributor

I hope this thread does not get axed, but #1: no doctor recommends smoking anything twenty-four hours before surgery-ever!

2) Can he talk to your prescriber? Can that prescriber change the method of administration? 

I am not against medical usage by any means, but if you have to go 30 days without, do you really need it?

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Seriously?  If you are going under anesthesia - take your doctor's advice!

Esteemed Contributor

You have stop for extended period time to produce a clean test.  Even though you say you don't have a lot of body fat and it appears that you smoke every day; it's going to remain in your system.

Contributor

Re: Passing drug test??

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I hope this thread does not get axed, but #1: no doctor recommends smoking anything twenty-four hours before surgery-ever!

2) Can he talk to your prescriber? Can that prescriber change the method of administration? 

I am not against medical usage by any means, but if you have to go 30 days without, do you really need it?

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 I really do need the surgery, but I cannot suffer for 30 days prior. I don't see how changing the method of administration can help me pass the test, but I will talk to my doc tomorrow. Thanks for your feedback!

Honored Contributor

The average novice person doesn't understand that ..... well..everything you take on a daily basis, can cause problems with healing and how the body reacts when a person suddenly stops.

I think the OP understands that.  The problem is that society is so judgmental when it comes to any kind of medication prescribed for pain.

I should think the OP's Dr who follows and prescribes this medicine would be the person working 'WITH' the Dr and the anesthesiologist assisting in the operation.  It is imperative that everyone be informed and work together.  Just stopping any medication a person has taken for a long period of time can cause some major problems before, during and after the procedure.

I don't know because I've never taken or been around medical marijuana but my daughter lives in Denver and knows a lot of people who do everything with it (except brush their teeth) Sorry, sometimes humor is the best medicine when dealing with those who judge others.  I've also watched many shows educating the public the difference between marijuana for medical reasons and recreational purposes.  I've also read many books on the subject.  I live with severe pain every day and am always looking for anything to alleviate it.

I hope the OP's Drs will work together to decide on a correct way to address this problem.  Surely many others dealing with something similar have had to come up with a viable SAFE alternative.

Take care and PLEASE come back and let us know how you are doing.  Annabelle..

Honored Contributor

@canada1

I assume you either have a valid medical prescription from a valid medical doctor, or live in a state that ignores this Federal Law.

My suggestion? If it was prescribed, as above, get this information from the doctor that prescribed it. If not, you might be breaking a Federal Law.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Thank u so much for your understanding response. I will contact my doctor tomorrow and ask him to work with the surgeon and anesthesiologist on finding an agreeable solution. You're right - they need to work together, and stopping a medication I rely on presents its own risks.

Honored Contributor

There is NO way on this green earth that you will get rid of the marijuana in your system for tomorrow's test.   No use trying any wild ideas to flush your system, as it just will not happen.

As long as you have the prescription for your medical need, then the anesthesiologist will have to figure out an alternative sedation for you---like a spinal, with Versed or something similar to where you go into such a light sleep you can respond to the surgeon during the process, but not remember it.   Best wishes to you with your procedure.   

Contributor

@hckynut Marijuana is legal in my state. My concern has nothing to do with breaking federal law, LOL. Nevermind.