Honored Contributor

Re: Getting “weird” pains…

@tansy wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

As someone that will be 70 ,this year ,i am finding aging is not what i expected.

Easier or worse than expected, @goldensrbest?

WORSE !!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

"Me, too!  You get these things and you instantly get worried. I instantly get alarmed.  You don't know what is normal and what is not".

@AngelPuppy1 

Getting "instantly worried", and that did what positive for you?  Injuries most times the one injured knows, or should know, what caused it. I am talking injuries, not a bump or bruise.

Discomfort internally is not quite as easy for many. Ones that paid attention to their bodies letting them know every year they aged, usually have a better idea what might be the cause.

Unless someone, that has always been healthy, has pushed beyond their body's "nominal limits"? They are left to mostly guessing, since their body has never been maximized over those years.

Serious problems are more easily detected by those that know the "full maximum" of their healthy body limits. This includes the Cardiovascular System/Respiratory-Pulmonology System/Digestive System, and some basic knowledge about muscles/connective tissues/bones and joints.

If it is bad enough to "instantly worry you"? Might be best to consult a professional, in the physical or mental field, maybe even both.

We only get 1 body and nothing should be more important than taking good care of it. If a person is not well, it makes it very difficult to worry or help others.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

As one that is still sporting 4 broken ribs?  The pain was a bit different when I also suffered a punctured left lung. I've had side stitches during some 5k/10k distance runs, which were nowhere around the rib area.

Never suffered Costochondritis which I hear can be painful. Were I to have pain like a broken rib, I would not wait for it to go away. I know broken ribs heal on their own, but it is common, when fractured, to also puncture a lung. That too does not get better, it gets worse, and can be a cause for much more danger to your life.

Have you been diagnosed with Costochondritis or Gallbladder or Gallstones? Have you done something that would have caused Costochondritis? From those I know that have been diagnosed with it, they said from the instant pain, they knew exactly when it happened and why.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut     Always nice to hear your input!  Yes, I think it is Costochondritis as all my symptoms point that way... and what can bring it on too...  sudden exertion ,( the day it came about I had moved some heavy planters...) and having  Arthritis. etc. 

I think I had it before and never put a name to it.  It does feel a bit better this morning compared to yesterday.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal   I am sorry for your experience.  It is common for most of us to have anxiety when we remember a past horrific experience.  It is beautiful that your husband is there to work through it with you.  Just an idea that I do that I have found helpful...I have many strategies, but this is simple, free, and successful.  I go to You Tube and listen to 432 htz music.  (I have also used binaural beats, but that requires headphones).  Wishing you many happy days ahead, and congratulations on overcoming cancer.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

From what you said you were doing, from my understanding of Costochondritis, that'll certainly do it. Hope it isn't like broken ribs, which take months to heal.

Have to keep my heart rate just a little under 145bpm. Taking a deep breath without lifting up my rib cage? Feels like I just got wacked by a hammer, so I pull over and do the lift thing.

Hope you find a way that works for you to lessen the pain. Crazy bad stuff out there.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My mother makes this funny sound in her throat when she stands up or sometimes even when she goes to sit down as thought that is painful.  Has done it for years.

Now I find myself making the sound and nothing really hurts.

And my husband has made the sound, too, and I say 'stop it!  That's my mom's sound!'

Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

Yes, I got instantly worried!  I am human!!!  Worry of course does nothing for a person and I know that!! I did not say that I dwelled on it or got consumed by it!!  I have many health issues and am under the care of quite a few doctors.  Many pains or ailments which I have I know are normal for me.  When I get something new, or out of the ordinary, of course I am concerned or as I put it -- "worried"!  If something does not pass within a reasonable period of time, I have enough sense to seek medical assistance. And yes, thank you, I do know that I get one body and need to take care of it and I do my best. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden, I find if you forget about it, it just seems to go away. 

I've had what you have. When I get something, I always make sure to wear some very nice pj's to bed, as I might very well be having the ambulance visiting me. I always like to be "prepared" to go to the hospitall by ambulance. Smiley Happy 

Having a tendency to hypochondria, there's always something going on. I immediately hit the computer to do all the research to cure myself. I give everything about two weeks to disappear.

Hope you are all better now and nothing new has appeared. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I do the same thing at 62 and then I  sometimes Google my symptoms.   Glad I am not alone...Lol.