Honored Contributor

Getting “weird” pains…

[ Edited ]

Now 65, I sometimes get pains that I can not figure out what it is from.   I get freaked out thinking it is some illness....cancer...then they  go away in a few days most all of the time.  The older I get, the more I think the discomfort(s) is (are) terminal....

Must be part of the aging process readying us for departure.🙂

Right now I have a sharp pain in my upper right rib cage area...I figure I pulled a muscle moving heavy outdoor containers two days ago....but.....then I am thinking worse things that it could be🙁 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting “weird” pains…

@SeaMaiden  I'm 62  I have the same feelings 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand your concern regarding the aches/pains of aging.  The best we can do is have a healthy lifestyle (exercise, diet, sleep, stress reducing strategies) including a good attitude towards the inevitability of transition..  Our thoughts are powerful, so it is critical to maintain a positive outlook.  Every morning I start the day with gratitude that I'm here for one more day.  It sets the tone and I tend to worry less about the intermittent aches and pains.  

Trusted Contributor

I have found that consistent exercisie takes care of many minor problems!

Respected Contributor

I get it. I have COPD and every time I start feeling congested I think I'm getting bronchitis

Esteemed Contributor

I think most of us get these same feelings at one time or another.  When I was younger I never worried about any of this stuff, of course the aches and pains were not really a problem then.  But since I had cancer I do tend to worry a bit more now, everytime something feels "off" I have a silent panic attack.   DH helps coach me through it though, thank goodness I have him.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a pulled muscle.  Makes sense especially after moving stuff.  Hope you feel better very soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I hear ya, sister!  I try to shove them out of my mind and they usually go away LOL.  Right side pain?  I would think maybe gallbladder.  When I get that, I take a liver/gallbladder tonic.  It usually dissipates.  Hope yours goes away soon.  

Also, do you ever see a bruise on your body and think, "how the heck did I get that?"  

Take care (I know you will Woman Wink)

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Yep, I got that upper right side pain years ago.  If it comes quite often especially after a good meal,  it could be the gallbladder.  If it is, It will get increasingly worse over time.

Have  it checked out if it continues.

Valued Contributor

I have been saying to my friends as I age (82) the pains you notice upon rising don't disappear by the end of the day any longer.  They linger a while.  Give it some time. I am sure it will clear up.  Good thoughts.