Respected Contributor

Re: Getting out of the house is good for your health

This is why I still work part time and don't retire.  If you have no hobbies or travel alot I just can't see sitting around a house all day watching tv.    I need to keep my mind active.  Would rather work.  Besides, I hate the thought of living on a fixed income.  

Trusted Contributor

@software  It sounds like we've had the same kind of year!  PJ's have become my friends.  In fact, when my dog sees me getting dressed and putting on makeup, she knows I'm going out and gets all upset!

The one big thing that has kept me going is my sewing hobby.  I had a lot of projects to do as Christmas gifts, and started those in the early fall.  I'm learning some new techniques for the new year, and am anxious to get started on those.  And, I've been watching lots of instructional videos on youtube. 

My husband has also started our long awaited basement remodel.  So, I've been helping to plan that and was kept busy selecting light fixtures, etc.

You have to plan something!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I definitely find that getting out of my regular routine is refreshing and helps my mood. I work in the hospitality business, help to host weddings and other events. My family, for the most part, lives locally. I stay involved in church and community activities.

Sometimes I feel the need to escape from so much socializing, so it's nice to either spend some downtime at home, or outdoors gardening, grooming and exercising our horses. Our just walking the wooded trails. I find great peace in moments of solitude ~ it restores my soul. 

Honored Contributor

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

@software  It sounds like we've had the same kind of year!  PJ's have become my friends.  In fact, when my dog sees me getting dressed and putting on makeup, she knows I'm going out and gets all upset!

The one big thing that has kept me going is my sewing hobby.  I had a lot of projects to do as Christmas gifts, and started those in the early fall.  I'm learning some new techniques for the new year, and am anxious to get started on those.  And, I've been watching lots of instructional videos on youtube. 

My husband has also started our long awaited basement remodel.  So, I've been helping to plan that and was kept busy selecting light fixtures, etc.

You have to plan something!

I agree with making plans and starting (and hopefully finishing) projects.

We need something to work towards and look forward to even if plans change.

I knit so I understand about having a hobby.    I like to challenge myself with new projects.