Trusted Contributor

I p!an to get my flu shot in early October. By then the new version of Pfizer's covid shot should be available so I will get that at the same time.

Trusted Contributor

I will get min mid-late September and if the next Covid Booster is out will schedule that 2 weeks later.  I know they say its ok to get them both at the same time but I am not buying that. I will do them 2 weeks apart

Respected Contributor

Flu activity is known to peak between December and February. I've only had the flu twice in my lifetime, both times in February.

A time where I would see more patients coming into the hospital ill, too. Likely where I contracted it. Although we all know flu can happen at any time during the flu season, there are peaks.

With my own, end of season experiences twice, I try to avoid taking the vaccine too early. I want the vaccine to still provide good coverage in Jan/Feb. I'll get mine late Sept, or Oct. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am going to pass this year.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

How many shots can a person get????

Apparently it has become a National Past time.  How many?  Maybe dozens it seems.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was in pharmacy today and didn't see any banners or signs like they usually have; I usually get mine in October

Respected Contributor

Just checked my datebook and we got our flu shots last year October 10. Will probably do the same next month. Too early now

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I got our flu shots yesterday; we plan on getting new Covid booster for latest variant in 2-3 weeks as we are scheduled to go to big family wedding ( several few at risk family members) in late October. We've had every booster offered in a timely manner and so far no Covid.

Honored Contributor

Re: Flu shot time

[ Edited ]

I'm getting my flu shot tomorrow. My Walgreens just got the updated covid booster (also called 'target' booster) so I will be getting that one at the same time as the flu shot.