Respected Contributor
Has anyone bought this and if so, does it work well? I read that it registers steps, even when you are sleeping (sometimes). Ironic. Thanks. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

It doesn't measure steps when you're sleeping, it measures how rested your sleep is.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

It's not accurate. It gives you credit for steps when you're not even walking. Also be very careful if you get the one with the wristband. Make sure the band is completely closed. Otherwise, it will fall off your wrist and get lost. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

I've had the Zip since May 2nd, and it worked great for a few months. Then they started taking away steps and miles and messing everything up, so now I'm not so impressed anymore. If I could do it over I'd skip it. I don't like feeling like I'm their "beta tester."

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor
I have a fitbit flex. Had it since March. I like it. The only negative I have is I forget to charge it. The charge lasts a week. I use it as a gauge. It helps remind me that I need to get more steps in.
Respected Contributor
Thanks! You have all been a big help. Stay well and again have a happy Thanksgiving.
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor
On 11/20/2014 Divine said:

I've had the Zip since May 2nd, and it worked great for a few months. Then they started taking away steps and miles and messing everything up, so now I'm not so impressed anymore. If I could do it over I'd skip it. I don't like feeling like I'm their "beta tester."

There was a big mess up with the app upgrade-- very annoying, which has been fixed now. Is yours working correctly?

Honored Contributor

We like ours, so much that I am missing our after dinner walks as it is dark and cold now

Trusted Contributor

I've had my Flex since June 2013. Love my Flex. It keeps track of my steps very well. It doesn't do that great of a tracking job when I'm on the elliptical....I have found that I need to take it off my wrist and just plop it into my sock when using the elliptical and then it will track better. It does NOT track steps during your sleep (how could it?), but does track your sleep patterns, how often you awaken and go back to sleep.

As graycatsrule said, it needs to be charged about once a week (mine goes about six days as a rule). I get an email saying "Your Flex battery is low". And since I have the Fitbit app for my phone, I also get a notification on my phone for when my battery is low. My app just upgraded the other day and it works fine.

I like the Flex because I can just keep it on my wrist. I use different colored bands and change every couple of days. I have mine set for 14,500 steps a day. It will notify me on my phone how close I am to getting my target steps in and that pushes me a little bit. I might come home from work and if I know I only need 2,000 steps, I'll go down and hit the treadmill for a while to get my steps in for the day. It's good motivation.

I had one problem with my Flex. One day after charging it, it completely died and I didn't know why. I Googled about my problem and it just needed to be reset. Easy to do and I was back in business in no time.

If you get a Fitbit, you might want to sign up at MyFitnessPal.com as you can sync the two together. On MFP, you can keep track of your food intake and your exercises. I tell MFP that I've walked for 62 minutes, for example, and it will show up as active activity in Fitbit, too.

I really like my Fitbit.

Honored Contributor
On 11/21/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

I've had my Flex since June 2013. Love my Flex. It keeps track of my steps very well. It doesn't do that great of a tracking job when I'm on the elliptical....I have found that I need to take it off my wrist and just plop it into my sock when using the elliptical and then it will track better. It does NOT track steps during your sleep (how could it?), but does track your sleep patterns, how often you awaken and go back to sleep.

As graycatsrule said, it needs to be charged about once a week (mine goes about six days as a rule). I get an email saying "Your Flex battery is low". And since I have the Fitbit app for my phone, I also get a notification on my phone for when my battery is low. My app just upgraded the other day and it works fine.

I like the Flex because I can just keep it on my wrist. I use different colored bands and change every couple of days. I have mine set for 14,500 steps a day. It will notify me on my phone how close I am to getting my target steps in and that pushes me a little bit. I might come home from work and if I know I only need 2,000 steps, I'll go down and hit the treadmill for a while to get my steps in for the day. It's good motivation.

I had one problem with my Flex. One day after charging it, it completely died and I didn't know why. I Googled about my problem and it just needed to be reset. Easy to do and I was back in business in no time.

If you get a Fitbit, you might want to sign up at MyFitnessPal.com as you can sync the two together. On MFP, you can keep track of your food intake and your exercises. I tell MFP that I've walked for 62 minutes, for example, and it will show up as active activity in Fitbit, too.

I really like my Fitbit.

Just so new people know, you can input your food into Fitbit as well via the app or the laptop dashboard. Myfitnesspal has a much bigger database of foods though. HTH.

will find out about resetting the fitbit,thanks for that