Contributor

just a quick question...to monitor sleep ..how do you tap it to set it up for sleep then to wake it up?

Super Contributor
On 7/1/2014 vabiker said:

benzgirl...your info is so much help! I clearly have alot to learn in this techno world! Lol..I was reading some of your posts earlier on your "club". I will tune into it and read up on what's up in the fitbit world! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

So happy that you got your working properly, vabiker! We look forward to meeting up with you and having the chance to share any tips we have learned (so far). Smiley Happy See ya there!
Super Contributor
On 7/1/2014 vabiker said:

just a quick question...to monitor sleep ..how do you tap it to set it up for sleep then to wake it up?

I have not tried using it as an alarm yet, but I can help you with monitoring your sleep. When you are ready to close your eyes, just tap on the top of the bracelet a few times. It will sort of vibrate on your wrist - - you will feel it. Then it will "glow" at you with what one person called 'snake eyes". This puts it into sleep mode. When you wake up, just tap it the same way and it will vibrate again and wake up. It will start counting your steps as soon as your feet hit the floor. I know that there is information on the FitBit website about setting it up as an alarm - - I'm pretty sure that's easy. I believe you just have to set it up from your computer by telling it what time you want it to vibrate. You can probably set it for different times (for weekends). However, again, I have not tried using this function.
Contributor

benzgirl...Thanks again! I have set my alarm to wake a few minutes ago..just wasn't sure on how to put it to sleep and turn off after the alarm goes off

Honored Contributor

Oh..so glad it's working for you now! This little thing is addictive. The more you use it, the more you want to see your numbers go up...and you get used to a higher level of activity.

If happen to go out, and remember that I've left mine charging (which you really only have to do once/week), I go back home and get it!

Super Contributor

That little ""gray"" triangle"" on mine is hard to see to make sure you insert it right back into the wrist band . . . that was my problem at first . . . I miss my 20/20 vision Smiley Happy

Most nights I'm at 95% efficiency on my sleep.

Started using as an alarm eh maybe 3 weeks ago. Although I will say IF I had an early morning flight I would have a back up like my cell phone or a real alarm clock just in case. Smiley Happy