Contributor

Got my Fitbit and was really excited to use it but it doesn't stay charged..I charged it too...plus I was checking out the info about it's many uses ( sleep pattern, food intake, etc) and saw you have to pay $50 a year for each thing if you want to keep monitoring them...what a rip off...I don't recall the hosts giving that info to the viewers. I would really like to keep it but I have many questions and there is no number you can call to ask and the chat wasn't very helpful either {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Honored Contributor

Less than 30 days? Send it back.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I have one and I was unaware of the $50 a year charge. Really? I won't pay it. Wow.

Edit: I did a super fast google and you DO NOT pay yearly. That is only for fitbit premium which is not necessary for me at all.

Contributor

I'm going to..I was hoping that someone on here could shed some light on maybe something I was doing wrong first..I may have just received a dud.

Contributor

Oh Ok Mima thanks for the info..I must have read it wrong...still wished it worked right though.

Honored Contributor
No, there is no annual fee for the basic plan, that includes everything I need. And to reach customer service, send them an email. They answer quite promptly.
Contributor

september...what may I ask do you monitor..I would like to monitor sleep, steps, food intake to name a few..all that would be free?

Contributor

Mima, what is the premium plan?

Honored Contributor
I monitored sleep only for the first few weeks of owning the product. I got it to track my activity. So I use it to count steps, active minutes, calories burned, stairs climbed (this depends on what model you have). I add in other activities I do that aren't step-related, like cycling and Pilates. I don't get steps from them, but it shows how many extra calories I've burned.
Honored Contributor
I can't say for sure, but I think with the premium plan, you get more of a breakdown if you use the site for food monitoring. I think you also get more personalized info...not something I want or need.