Super Contributor

Re: Fit Bit Walker's Club....welcome in. :)

Mine is charging, plugged into the wall but still charging super slow. My apartment must have poor current.

I've noticed most of the hosts no longer wear theirs.

Regular Contributor

Hey All, ITA w/the idea that the more steps you get early the better. I pulled my old aerobic step out of storage and put it behind the couch where I watch TV. Each step up&down counts for 4 steps (and of course active minutes). I try to do a few minutes at a time whenever I can. Lots of evening stepping now too, in order to get myself over 5000 to get at least one daily badge. I still see 10,000 as a far-fetched goal. Yesterday I only did abt 3k b/c I had a deadline for work and was on the computer for hours. Trying to make up for that today. The fitbit apps are a bit buggy. The one for my iPad stopped syncing. ETA: I've also lost 3 pounds in a week!
Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 CelticAngel said: Hey All, ITA w/the idea that the more steps you get early the better. I pulled my old aerobic step out of storage and put it behind the couch where I watch TV. Each step up&down counts for 4 steps (and of course active minutes). I try to do a few minutes at a time whenever I can. Lots of evening stepping now too, in order to get myself over 5000 to get at least one daily badge. I still see 10,000 as a far-fetched goal. Yesterday I only did abt 3k b/c I had a deadline for work and was on the computer for hours. Trying to make up for that today. The fitbit apps are a bit buggy. The one for my iPad stopped syncing.

I noticed the app sometimes has trouble syncing with my Galaxy S5. I have to restart bluetooth and then it works.

This is totally gross, but I had to order sport style earbuds because I have been so sweaty during my power walks that my earbuds won't stay in! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I also want the lavender FitBit band. I have pink, black, and teal.

Super Contributor

I haven't gotten the fitbit - yet - still on the fence.

I have started a walking program and am up to 5 miles at least 6 days a week.

I looked it up and one mile is supposed to be 2000 steps so it looks like walking will fill the bill for me.

However, I still sit a lot - and I see from another thread that this is now considered dangerous to your health.

So who knows - I'm trying.

Highlighted
Contributor

I would love to join your group.

Respected Contributor

Hi guys May I join? I've have my fitbit one week today. Holy cow. 10000 steps is a lot! I had to change my goal to 5000 and even that was a challenge. I find myself walking up and down my kitchen for the last 500 steps!!! I'm going to keep it at 5000 everyday this week and then move it up 1000 every week till I hit 10000 and get my full 5 miles in. I'm 64 and thinking about retiring at the end of the year. But want to remain active. My husband and I were avid bike riders and loved spinning but it's a bit much for us now. We would go on 25 mile rides ever weekend. Love being outdoors. We still want to be out and this little device really helps with motivation. But we've had to adjust our expectations!!
Super Contributor

Welcome Dagna, Deery and Mcall!! Everyone is welcome to join in. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I just had a real wakeup call. I was going to put together a little mid-morning smoothie (banana, orange juice and yogurt). According to the calorie counter, I would have consumed almost 500 calories! I scaled it back and used only 4 oz of OJ and a 1/2 C of yogurt. Now, of course I realized that smoothies were high in calories, but for some reason seeing it in black and white made me realize what I was about to do! ((I really think I will like the dashboard feature)) {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Welcome deery and mcall!

Dagna, I was skeptical of the FitBit at first, but it really gives me the motivation I need to get those long walks in, especially in the Houston heat.

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 benzgirl said:

Welcome Dagna, Deery and Mcall!! Everyone is welcome to join in. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I just had a real wakeup call. I was going to put together a little mid-morning smoothie (banana, orange juice and yogurt). According to the calorie counter, I would have consumed almost 500 calories! I scaled it back and used only 4 oz of OJ and a 1/2 C of yogurt. Now, of course I realized that smoothies were high in calories, but for some reason seeing it in black and white made me realize what I was about to do! ((I really think I will like the dashboard feature)) {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I haven't it used it for food tracking yet... It's about to be that time of the month for me and my food cravings have been out of control. I've been resisting, but it's hard, especially because I am a sugar addict.

I have been trying to get the 64 oz. of water in, but I am constantly peeing! Got up 3 times last night to pee! Anybody else having trouble with all that water?

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 PalmTree11 said:
On 6/21/2014 benzgirl said:

I haven't it used it for food tracking yet... It's about to be that time of the month for me and my food cravings have been out of control. I've been resisting, but it's hard, especially because I am a sugar addict.

I have been trying to get the 64 oz. of water in, but I am constantly peeing! Got up 3 times last night to pee! Anybody else having trouble with all that water?

I love water and drink it all day long. Even when we go out to dinner I usually drink water - - either that or coffee. Trying to make the move away from sugar in the coffee once and for all! I have already taken in 32 oz and am about to go for more. Try a lemon slice in your water, PalmTree. Fresh lemon is very good for us for a variety of reasons.