Honored Contributor

Funny - it is black & blue but not swollen.Hurts a lot but I can hobble around on it.Tried to ice it but with all the metal in that foot it gets much too cold.

Trusted Contributor

@151949: Sorry to hear about your fall; I fell a very short distance & broke two bones in my foot last year. I hesitate to ask my son for help at times, because I don't want to be a burden. I'm sure your DH is happy to help you. Feel better soon!!

Valued Contributor

@151949  A Podiatrist told me a sprain is worse than a break..  Had my ankle casted for weeks.  Knock wood I never had another problem.

I also have an ankle brace from previous trauma that you can get at Walmart to help stabilize it.

I would recommend seeing  a foot Dr.  Best Wishes on a speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

Much better today - sore but not actually painful. My back hurts worse, but that isn't unusual. I think my ankle would have been hurt much worse if it didn't have all that metal in it to make the bones strong.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to wait on someone else to do something you've been doing all your life.  I know since my heart surgery, I have had to be very careful.  If I get up from anywhere too fast I'm very dizzy.  But, like they say, "these are our golden years".  My Dad always  answered people that said that to him with....."So they say..... but I'm here to tell you it's fools gold"!  Dad was quite the joker.   Hope you won't have too much trouble with it.

Honored Contributor

I think I would consider keeping my cutting board in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Not that kind of cutting board - this is one you cut out fabric for quilting on. It is 5ft x 4 ft - so I store it under the bed in the guest room.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Not that kind of cutting board - this is one you cut out fabric for quilting on. It is 5ft x 4 ft - so I store it under the bed in the guest room.

===== 

Funny, when I first read your post, I was thinking of a kitchen cutting tray too and wondered why it was under the bed. Now it makes sense.