Honored Contributor

I got down on the floor to get my cutting board out from under the bed. I was getting back up - with some difficulty, and my rt ankle just gave out, and down I went. 2 fortunate things - I wasn't even all the way up so it was a short fall and it was on carpet.Unfortunately, I fell right onto my fused ankle and it was all twisted. So now it is pretty darn painful, though I can stand on it and it's not swelling. Good to have metal in your foot and ankle when you need it to be strong I guess.

Instead of asking my DH to get it for me in the first place because I get weary of having to ask him to do things - now instead he had to lift me off the floor. He would have been happy to get that for me if I'd of asked him. I get so mad at myself!

Esteemed Contributor

Hor you're ankle is better soon.  And, let your DH help you!  Not all of us our that fortunate.Woman Wink

Super Contributor

@151949 Oh, I hope you are able to rest your foot/ankle the rest of the day and give it a chance to recover from the trauma.  So glad you don’t have any serious injuries!

Honored Contributor

It sounds painful - hope it feels better soon. Your DH could make things a lot easier, but I know he isn't always cooperative, and I don't imagine he's going to change at his age.

Honored Contributor

One thing I am mindful of since Mr Cherry's fall is, to take your time. What we were  able to do quickly, in our younger years, isn't always possible now

I just have to remind myself, we are not on our way to a fire.  I hope you don't suffer any lasting effects from your fall

Honored Contributor

On April 14 (this year) I fell 8 feet on my back. I was on a step stool and just fell. Being the smart alec that I am Idid not see the doctor. I should have. My knee and shoulder both are painful but don't think the doctor can do much. Just a lot of tests and drugs. I can walk but have lots of trouble using my right arm. My knee is very painful at night.

I am sorry about YOUR fall. Take care of yourself.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

@151949 Oh, I hope you are able to rest your foot/ankle the rest of the day and give it a chance to recover from the trauma.  So glad you don’t have any serious injuries!

Yes I'm resting with my foot up on the ottoman but what I wanted to do today was quilting. I had the whole day free so I could work on it undisturbed. DANG! Now I'm crabby.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had a fall yet.  But pain and not moving like we once did as we were younger, is really NOT fun.  Glad you didn't hurt yourself worse.  Like they say, Getting old isn't for sissys.  Only we aren't sissys.

Trusted Contributor

@151949@Group 5 minus 1  Hope you two feel better soon.Smiley Happy

Falls can be scary !

Valued Contributor

@151949

I hope you are okay.  It sounds like you went through enough with that ankle!