Contributor

Looking to start using essential oils as a way to fight my children's allergies, sinus infections, anxiety with daily school life and the such... has anyone had any sucess? I joined the young living oils site and hope to order soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Do your reading before ordering. Will save you time, money and costly mistakes. Several threads on oils here so read thru those, too.

Many believe essential oils are fragrant like Glade room fresheners. In fact they can be quite strong and medicinal.

For sinus and allergies try eucalyptus oil. Inexpensive and works well. A few drops in hot water in the sink & towel over the head or a few drops in the shower if they're older. I wouldn't recommend it in tub water.

Calm relaxation, use lavender oil in a diffuser in their bedroom.

Respected Contributor

I was just invited to one of these oil parties.  From the little bit of reading I've done on this subject, I don't even want to get started.  I doubt I'll go get trapped at that party either.  Ugh.

Respected Contributor

I like them myself.  But do they really do anything other than relax you, I don't think so.   Also they're quite expensive.   I use mine in an ultrasonic diffuser (baby humidifier) when I take hot baths.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Please, start small until you see if you are getting any results. EOs are fascinating & they make a lot of promises. I've dabbled with EOs. They sound wonderful with promises of all natural solutions to all kinds of problems.

It's like the time I took my sister to a jewelry making supply show. There was a table with rocks & crystals & all of their magical properties. Clearer minds. Weight loss..so my sister was fondling the weight loss rocks & asked the woman about them. The woman told her to feel them all & then choose the one that "spoke" to her. When she tooke "her" rock up to pay for it & told the man that the woman said it would help with weight loss he said "That's because she takes hers to the gym with her". 

Contributor

@aplteacher I use YL and I love them. For allergies you can diffuse lemon, lavender and peppermint together or you can put them in a roller ball and roll it in your children diluted per the directions on the bottles. There are different oils for anxiety. Lavender,orange,lemon, Roman Charlie, valerian,Melissa, copaiba,ylang ylang just to name a few. I have made a good focus blend to help my kids better while in school. I love my oils. Use them everyday.

Regular Contributor

Can someone recommend a good website about essential oils? Tia! 

Super Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Do your reading before ordering. Will save you time, money and costly mistakes. Several threads on oils here so read thru those, too.

Many believe essential oils are fragrant like Glade room fresheners. In fact they can be quite strong and medicinal.

For sinus and allergies try eucalyptus oil. Inexpensive and works well. A few drops in hot water in the sink & towel over the head or a few drops in the shower if they're older. I wouldn't recommend it in tub water.

Calm relaxation, use lavender oil in a diffuser in their bedroom.

Agreed.