Contributor

I am interested in learning about essential oils as an alternative treatment for things like flu. Anybody have suggestions on books or sites that will guide me? Also, where have you found the best quality for the best price? Thanks for any advice.

Respected Contributor

I like to reply but not sure how long this will stay up

first of all using those things are non toxic so it can't hurt

when all else fails why not like it said it can't hurt you

you can fine out the companies that FDA to tried to squash BTW

none of these methods ever harmed anyone....

go figure...

Trusted Contributor

Essential oils are indeed powerful and can be VERY toxic if taken improperly!

I use Oil of Oregano very frequently for any kind of bacterial, viral, or even fungal infections. I take 4 DROPS in a small amount of warm water for a max of 4 times a day. NO MORE! I also take acidophilous when I use it as I would any kind of prescription antibiotic.

New Contributor
My husband I use doTerra Essential Oils and have been very pleased. Using 3 oils on his legs daily has tremendously helped his restless leg syndrome. Drinking lemon oil in water has cleared my head and throat congestion. First time in 2 yrs I can breath freely through my nose. I lost 43 lbs before using oils but hit a 6- month plateau. Lemon water got 2 lbs off past couple weeks. I highly recommend doTerra Essential Oils!
Respected Contributor

This site has lots of excellent information. They sell therapeutic grade oils at reasonable prices. www.birchhillhappenings.com

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor
On 10/1/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

Essential oils are indeed powerful and can be VERY toxic if taken improperly!

I use Oil of Oregano very frequently for any kind of bacterial, viral, or even fungal infections. I take 4 DROPS in a small amount of warm water for a max of 4 times a day. NO MORE! I also take acidophilous when I use it as I would any kind of prescription antibiotic.

That was a lot how could you tolerate it, even a drop has a sting to it...

Yes if taken improperly so can over drinking water or anything.

Thanks for sharing that so others can be wise not to over do a good thing.

Respected Contributor

There is also Young Essentials Oils and also a thick reference book of the oils and their properties.

Respected Contributor
On 10/1/2014 Javala-la said:

There is also Young Essentials Oils and also a thick reference book of the oils and their properties.

The company is Young Living Essential Oils. their oils are of excellent quality but they are a MLM company and their oils are extremely expensive. I became a distributor just to get the wholesale price and I found that Birch Hill had oils of similar quality and even made dupes of Young Livings blends at a much more reasonable cost. The reference book is excellent and I believe it can be purchased on Amazon.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor
On 10/2/2014 reiki604 said:
On 10/1/2014 Javala-la said:

The company is Young Living Essential Oils. their oils are of excellent quality but they are a MLM company and their oils are extremely expensive. I became a distributor just to get the wholesale price and I found that Birch Hill had oils of similar quality and even made dupes of Young Livings blends at a much more reasonable cost. The reference book is excellent and I believe it can be purchased on Amazon.

Network marking does not bother me but the cost is way too high

what do you think of this company doTerra Essential Oils I heard they were very good too.

Regular Contributor
I am also very interested in eos. I research them all the time. I'm very interested in ordering from native american nutritionals. I can read about their oils all day! There are si any I want. But the first ones I want to buy are toning and skin. They are for healthy skin and toning is suppose to help lessen sagging skin as one loses weight. Their is also one called attention assist where it suppose to clear the mental cobwebs and fortifies the mind. Its also very claiming. Oh and majestic breeze where its suppose to increase spirituality and self control giving the feeling of I can do it! Well those are all eos blends. They also sell many regular eos. And I want quite a few of those too! Their prices are really good and they explain how to use them.