Honored Contributor

Results of endoscopy both good and bad.  The neuroendocrine hyperplasty has stayed pretty much the same, no tumors, no malignancy, so that is the good news. 

Not so good news is that my gastroparesis has progressed and will likely continue to do so.  That is a condition where the stomach has very sluggish emptying into the small bowel, creating pain, extreme bloating, and can eventually lead to surgery involving stomach tubes (I will never go there). 

I don't see the gastro doc until the end of October when we will discuss a treatment plan.  In the meantime I have to radically change my diet and eat six very small meals every day instead of the two I now eat.  Many foods are eliminated as well as cooking methods which I hope I am up to.

As usual with me, this is an incurable condition most likely caused by my autoimmune disease.  They're piling up now, good thing I'm old already. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

My best wishes and healing thoughts go out to you!

My DH has an auto-immune disease (Crohns) and it sure is tough.

Glad you did receive some good news and hope your treatment plan isn't too rough!

Smiley MSN Emoticon 028.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LilacTree

My best wishes and healing thoughts go out to you!

My DH has an auto-immune disease (Crohns) and it sure is tough.

Glad you did receive some good news and hope your treatment plan isn't too rough!

Smiley MSN Emoticon 028.gif

Thank you, IG.  And my well wishes go out to your DH.  Crohn's is also incurable, but some do better than others and I hope your DH is in that category. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

Thank you the well wishes for DH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Bless your heart.....  Heart

Stay tough and strong, we know it's very hard and we're rooting for you!   

I also have an auto-immune disease, pulmonary sarcoidosis....   Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Bless your heart.....  Heart

Stay tough and strong, we know it's very hard and we're rooting for you!   

I also have an auto-immune disease, pulmonary sarcoidosis....   Woman Indifferent

I often wonder why so many of us have AI these days.  I don't remember this growing up.  My suspicions are the food we eat and the air we breathe, but is that too simplistic? 

One of my nieces also has pulmonary sarcoidosis, but her symptoms come and go.  She thinks she also has lupus but has never been diagnosed with it.

I also have RA and Sjogren's.  And osteoporosis of my spine due to my many years of taking steroids.

I am rooting for you too!!  And thank you again. 

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

Hi Lilac, lets just get one thing straight here YOU ARE NOT THAT OLD when you get to 99 then I will say "yeah you are getting old" so there glad you got some good news but sorry you have to change your eating around. But you do want to be around here at 99 don't you????  Take care and I wish you pain less hours.

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

Hi Lilac, lets just get one thing straight here YOU ARE NOT THAT OLD when you get to 99 then I will say "yeah you are getting old" so there glad you got some good news but sorry you have to change your eating around. But you do want to be around here at 99 don't you????  Take care and I wish you pain less hours.

Ha ha, cater, you made me laugh!  And thank you so much for your "well wishes for painless hours." 

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lilac,  I am so sorry to hear of your troubles.  I hope that you will get all the help you need.  Sounds like you are on a challenging journey, but know that a lot of us are rooting for you!

All my best.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hi Lilac,  I am so sorry to hear of your troubles.  I hope that you will get all the help you need.  Sounds like you are on a challenging journey, but know that a lot of us are rooting for you!

All my best.

Thanks Pam, I do know that and it really helps to have such good friends here.  I know that you have your challenges too.  In one way or another, we all do.  All of my best back to you as well !!

Formerly Ford1224