Honored Contributor

Looking for best disinfetant sprays,and wipes, approved for the flu virus.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I use purel foodservice sanitizer.It is effective against norovirus,salmonella,ecoli,viruses,mold,fungus.I like that ir has very little scent.I bought from amazon.

Honored Contributor

what does EPA or FDA have to do with the OP's question

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

CDC: Healthy Habits to Help Prevent Flu

From the Center of Disease Control:

F690CC79-88B1-43A1-8219-7A9DD64F025B.jpeg

B159E8B0-8678-47F3-B7E9-362DBC51F4FA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Sprays and wipes containing no less than 70% alcohol are effective antimicrobials. The key to using them is to treat the areas of concern and let them dry down naturally with no wiping or fanning. Do not use higher strength alcohol products, such as 95% or higher, because those will not work as effectively as one might think. Slower kill means better disinfection and that means using a product with 70% alcohol, no higher and let dry slowly. In some instances you may want to treat areas more than once, back to back after the first treatment has dried. 

Bleach is another effective disinfectant. Diluted bleach (9 parts water to 1 part bleach) is more effective than straight bleach. However, diluted bleach solutions are only good for one day then they need to be remade because they lose their killing power very fast. 

ETA - I know about this kind of stuff because I worked in the field of infectious diseases for a long time where infection control was of utmost importance. I was also a member of a hospital infection control committee.

Esteemed Contributor

Somewhat related to avoiding illness, quite a while back I eliminated all hand towels in my home.  Not only at our kitchen sink, we use paper towels to dry our hands in all bathrooms.  There are some nice towel holders out there - found a few marble ones - that sit on our bathroom vanities.

I do hang some hand towels on our downstairs half-bath, just for “show” on existing towel bars.  Our wash clothes and bath towels are washed daily.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

what does EPA or FDA have to do with the OP's question

The EPA has a registry list of all disinfectants.

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/selected-epa-registered-disinfectants

Esteemed Contributor

Dear Lovely @Preds,

Unfortunately, we live in a world where some people have lost their values.  If they ever had them, I don’t know.  Those of us who follow a different path will never understand.  No disrespect to a beloved celebrity and his darling daughter, but I felt there was so little mention of the other victims.  They did not have to be named, and glad they were not, but their lives were lost as well.  My rant of the day.  So far, no news show has pursued me with a job offer.  I just need 5 minutes a day.

Honored Contributor

You can make your own 70%-alcohol spray. Just buy a bottle of the alcohol and put it into a spray bottle. Just use the alcohol straight out of the bottle and use a paper towel to wipe down surfaces where a spray might not be appropriate to use. Just make sure to use a fair amount so that the surface gets noticeably wet.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You can make your own 70%-alcohol spray. Just buy a bottle of the alcohol and put it into a spray bottle. Just use the alcohol straight out of the bottle and use a paper towel to wipe down surfaces. Just make sure to use a fair amount so that the surface gets noticeably wet.

You always have great advise..thanks for taking the time to post.