Trusted Contributor

@Elri I  thank you for your care and concern. I realize what the doxy is for, but right now I'm trusting my health care professional right now to help guide me. She said that I should stop, because the longer I take the med, the more likely more serious side effects may occur. Lyme disease is rare in my state. Less than 10 cases are reported every year. I will keep a close watch on my condition and if anything changes, I will get to the doctor's immediately.

Trusted Contributor

I can tolerate it pretty well.

It leaves a nasty and bitter taste in my mouth, and I also feel nauseated while I'm on  it. Other antibiotics can also do that to me too, but that one stands out for me.

I just try to deal with it because I've had allergic reactions to other ones. 

Yeah, you do have to be careful with sun exposure while on it, and then you also have to time the eating of dairy products and any calcium and magnesium products that you use/take, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat 

Sorry to hear that you're suffering side effects, but hope they subside soon.

I will say this about doxycycline:  Best sinus infection eradicator of all time for me.  Wiped that infection out within 48 hours!  Loved that Providence Urgent Care doc who prescribed it.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat You could go ahead and call your pharmacist, then call the dr in the morning.  That way you can be on "the mend".  Feel better soon!

Respected Contributor

@KitTkatI hope you feel better!  Sorry I can't give an answer about your RX but you will get the right answer either from the Pharm or Doc!  Take care!