Honored Contributor

Does anyone take a vitamin supplement called NeuroPower?

My mom's doctor told her to take it for dizziness and dementia. They are very big pills and hard for her to swallow twice a day. I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble.

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone take a vitamin supplement called NeuroPower?

housecat, I looked at the ingredient stack and it seems like a decent multi vitamin.

It's loaded with vitamin B12 which will make her tinkle. Also that much vitamin B too late at night can cause bad dreams/nightmares so I'd limit the dose to 1 capsule in the am.

If she's tinkling too much it can also make her dehydrated. If she's elderly I'd make sure she gets enough fluids each day.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Snowpuppy said:

housecat, I looked at the ingredient stack and it seems like a decent multi vitamin.

It's loaded with vitamin B12 which will make her tinkle. Also that much vitamin B too late at night can cause bad dreams/nightmares so I'd limit the dose to 1 capsule in the am.

If she's tinkling too much it can also make her dehydrated. If she's elderly I'd make sure she gets enough fluids each day.

Thanks, Snowpuppy. He prescribed two tablets twice a day. I can't imagine her taking that many pills. I'm going to start her on one in the morning and one before dinner. He said they work best on an empty stomach. She doesn't drink enough water as it is...that's one of her problems.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I would stick to one or two per day. Four is far too much Vit B. It's water soluble so you tinkle it out and B complex is also good for energy. But again, taking it too late in the evening can keep you up.

Her dizziness may be caused by being dehydrated. If she can tolerate a drink like Gatorade in a flavor she likes it has electrolytes which will help replenish lost fluids.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the insight, Snowpuppy Smile

~ house cat ~