Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have the Fitbit Alta? Do you like it?

Thinking of getting one.I have a Fitbit Charge which is too bulky for my wrist. I like the narrow, smaller profile of this.

Do you miss the heart rate monitor? 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the Fitbit Alta? Do you like it?

I had it and returned it .The steps were way off and I could not read the time,steps,etc outside.Very difficult to put on.I just bought the Garmin and love it.

Esteemed Contributor

The Charge 2 is sleeker and so interactive.  The thing talks to you and says some funny stuff (I have to get out more).  The new charge goes right over the face and you do not take it off the band.  It  charges quick.  Purchased the newer Alta first and did not like it at all. Returned it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like mine, got it at Costco, and I don't want anything talking to me.  It is bad enough that the new phone talks to me (I got the call block phone so thanks to whoever recommended it--it is great, except for the talking part).

The Alta is light weight, but it can be difficult to fasten until you have done it a few times. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

This is great feedback. Thank you. Might need to go to a store and try it on before buying.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I like mine, got it at Costco, and I don't want anything talking to me.  It is bad enough that the new phone talks to me (I got the call block phone so thanks to whoever recommended it--it is great, except for the talking part).

The Alta is light weight, but it can be difficult to fasten until you have done it a few times. 

Woman LOL

Not really talks gives a little shake and then stuff comes across the screen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had the FitBit Flex, the Charge HR, and the Alta. The FitBit Charge 2 is as big as the Charge, so if size was the problem, I think the Alta would be better for you.

The Alta is my favorite so far. It's the most attractive of the FitBits and has most of the functions I want. It is, as someone else noted, difficult to read in direct sun outdoors. I spend most of my time indoors, even my exercise time, so that's not an issue for me. If you spend most of your time in the sun, it may be an issue for you. 

Alta Pros:

• Attractive
  • Allows interchangeable bands (cheap ones with actual buckles available on Amazon.)
  • Has an hourly reminder if you haven't taken 250 steps that hour
  • Holds a charge for 5-7 days
  • Text alerts
  • Call alerts and caller ID
  • Calendar alerts
  • Watch and calendar face light up when wrist is raised or device is tapped

Alta Cons:

• Original bands do not come with a buckle
  • No heart rate monitor
  • No stair count
  • Very difficult to read in direct sunlight
  • You have to really tap that thing to get it to display info. A gentle touch does not do it, give it a whack.

I would recommend the Alta or the Charge 2 to anyone looking for a wrist wearable.