Super Contributor

Re: Do You Know What These Are?

Are you on  aspirin therapy?  I know people that are, get bruises on their hands and  arms, and don't even realize they have bumped something.

Honored Contributor

@aprildreams wrote:

Are you on  aspirin therapy?  I know people that are, get bruises on their hands and  arms, and don't even realize they have bumped something.

@aprildreams.  I do that all the time.  I even get nasty bruises from trying to ease a cuff bracelet onto my wrist.  I don't realize it when I do it only to look down later and see a bruise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@cbrite

I tried to enlarge the picture and was wondering if it may be an insect bite?

Honored Contributor

My 84 year old mother has these on her arms and legs due to thin, aging skin.   Carrying her purse on her arm will even cause these blood bruises.   

My husband has these bruises also, due to daily aspirin for heart disease.    

Honored Contributor

Oh, how I can commiserate!  I have been getting similar looking things for over a year now.  I have gone to so many doctors and been tested for this and that.  Now, it boils down to them all saying --- you are getting old, you have very, very, delicate, fair, thin skin and it is just getting more so with aging!  Oh, gee, thanks for the help!

Seriously, this is very distressing to me --- and ugly!

I take no aspirin or blood thinning drugs.  

My dear mother started getting the same problem shortly before she passed.

I always bruised so easily my whole life.  Now, I get these -- what I call "blood bruises" all the time and all over.  

If a piece of jewelry, my purse, a piece of paper --- anything --- barely rubs me a bit --- I get them.  And they take so long to get rid of!  

I wish there were some kind of cure for them but no-one has been able to help me!  

Most of the time I am covering my arms up because I am so self-conscious!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

My husband has them up and down his arms.  They don't hurt but look terrible!

He's had this problem for a few years now and we think it's due to the steroids he's been on for his illness.  It makes his skin very thin and fragile and just bumping his arms will make them bruise and bleed.  I wish there was something that could be done about it!

Occasional Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

Sometimes they pop up...all over...some hurt and rip open and bleed...others itch/hurt.

All up both arms/wrists/hands...then eventually fade in 2-3 weeks. Exhausting cycle.

Were you able to find out from your doctor @cbrite? Hope you're better now.

Occasional Contributor

@aprildreams wrote:

Some supplenents and vitamins can cause it too.

Valued Contributor

They are petechiae.

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

@cbrite  Why did you delete the picture and following post?  You didn't get any unkind responses.  When you delete your post like that the Mods usually delete the whole thing since no one can follow it.  I didn't see your original picture and post but did read your post when someone quoted it.  Are you on a blood thinner?  That happens to my father because he's on a blood thinner.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau