Valued Contributor

1. @SouthernBee wrote:

@Mimi NY : Congratulations on your success. Researching your information. Very confused about the keto mct powder- reviews mixed on taste and clumps. I have really bad cravings and would love to get off of the food and sugar cravings circle. Are you willing to share more detail or examples and product you use for the keto/mtcc powder. Southern Bee

Only to glad to share but if you have any health issues please seek medical approval before starting anything.

Like I said I was hearing so much Intermittent Fasting and the one shopping channel at the time was doing the powder, haven't seen the doctor on selling the powder. Found Amazon and EBay  was selling the MCT  Dr.COLBERT PRODUCTS , and see that when order from Amazon it is  shipped  from Costco,so if you have a Costco check it out. It mixed so well in hot coffee never any clumps or gritty as read about others. 

I started off with the unflavored as I NEVER used sugar in my coffee but have tried the coconut  and vanilla  when couldn't get unflavored and liked it a lot made coffee bit sweeter but tasty comes in a few other flavors too that I never tried. Like I said mornings now are 1 or 2 cups of coffee with powder can't believe it takes away any cravings for breakfast ,few tall glasses of water and before you know it is 16 or more hours of fasting.Can take bone broth  also during the fasting period if you like.

It is a challenge in the beginning but if you want it to work stick with it it will.

Just remember when the eating window opens JUST MAKE  GOOD CHOICES AND NOT EATING FOR THE FULL OPEN WINDOW ONLY WHEN HUNGRY.

Trusted Contributor

As far as moving beyond "diet" and moving you towards a healthy lifestyle - I would have to say that WW or Noom would best.  They teach you a balanced lifestyle and you are responsible for all of your food unlike Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem.

Personally I lost 40 lbs using WW at Work.  The meetings held me accountable to meeting my goals.  There are lots of WW FB groups as well to provide support.

You can also do Noom or WW online only.  There is another app called iTrackbites which is similar to the WW plan but there is a cost for that as well.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY : Yes already talked with doctor and he said that I really needed to find something that works for me and something that I will stick with or have a lifetime change. Tried everything- and usually drop 2O pounds but gain more back. I had a cup of black coffee this morning and to make it not as strong to be able to drink it and that was different and difficult. Will look for the mct powder. DH thinks about food 24/7 and a heavy snack and sweat eater but need to block this out and focus on me. Appreciate your suggestions. Southern Bee

Valued Contributor

@SouthernBee @You just reminded me of myself in trying to get that black coffee down and just couldn't I was use to half & half every morning

Once I saw the shopping channel sell out each time Dr.Colbert was on and the reviews were good,brought and  that is what saved me and not give up on myself.

I too was always talked by doctors you have to lose weight easier said then done.

Just do as much research on your own and know this can be done with privacy and not have to join any group or eating only certain high price food programs, I rather spend for the MCT powder to start off each day and then not having the cravings that ruined every diet that I have ever tried.

Today just did 19 hours of fasting and not hungry during that period .Just made a smoothie with unsweetened almond milk frozen fruit, like to break the fast with something light and now have 5 hours to eat till 8 PM. 

You are right you have to focus first  on yourself  I learned that too, maybe your husband when he see you losing weight you might have to share the MCT powder with him to break his food addiction.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY : Thanks for sharing your information. I have never tried the almond milk but will purchase next grocery trip and items for healthy smoothies.Dealing with preparing my tax papers and this really makes me want to snack and really craving sweets. Southern Bee