Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think if you wanted to hear of other's experiences with taking vitamin K2 then that should be the thread you post and the question you ask.

I also don't think a lot of threads get much activity on this board late at night.

@Etoile308 I didn't just want to hear about experiences, I also wanted opinions and advice, too, about Vitamin K2.   And by my questions, I would think most people would be able to determine that, but apparently not.  K2 and D3 are often supplemented together because of how they affect the body, so one cannot usually discuss K2 without also discussing D3. I hope that helps explain my original post a bit better.  Have a blessed day!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Icegoddess good thing you put in caps that you talked to your doctor, or you likely would have been scolded. Once my doctor answers my questions, I will be brave and post here what she says. I will also talk to my sister-in-law who is a nurse practitioner but enjoys learning about and practicing more natural ways of treatment.

@SilleeMee I almost tagged you and a few others, including @Shelbelle, because you seem to have done a lot of research on supplements in general. I ended up not doing that, because I know some people won't respond if posts directly tag only certain people. Now, I wish I had. lol

As an aside, several years ago, I had surgery and had a subsequent infection. I was put on round after round of antibiotics, which caused a massive, persistent yeast infection. I have a lot of faith in my gynecologist, and he tried every trick in the book to get me over it. I took so many different medications, and it would clear up, and then come back. One day, I posted my frustration on this forum and asked if anyone had any ideas of how to get me over it, because the yeast infection had been going on for about a year by this time with a pattern of clearing up and then coming right back. One poster (how I wish I could remember who it was, but it's been too long ago) suggested to take a probiotic made by Mega Food called Mega Flora Plus, which had 14 strains and 50 billion cultures. I started taking that and never had another yeast infection again. So doctors truly do not know everything, and sometimes, supplements can be the answer.

@Ainhisg I think it was me who suggested Mega Foods Mega Flora Plus for yeast infections. I've taken them every day since 2008 and have never had another. It's a great probiotic. I buy mine from VitaCost. 

@Effie54 well, I cannot thank you enough! You truly saved me, and I will forever be thankful for your recommendation! Yes, I buy it from Vitacost, so I know it was you! And I still take it every day. I never want to experience anything like that again. May you have a very blessed day!!!

@Ainhisg  Hi! I'm so very happy that the probiotic works for you. You are so very welcome! It's the only probiotic I will use. Honestly, I had a similar issue as you and was exasperated. My GYN would prescribe Diflucan, which just didn't work and had side effects. Once I tried the Mega Flora Plus, I knew it was the answer. I'm happy for you! 💖💖

Honored Contributor

Did you know...

Vitamin D levels can be significantly depleted amongst those with higher BMI index. In other words, obesity sets the stage for vitamin D deficiency.

Association of Body Weight With Response to Vitamin D Supplementation and Metabolism

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36648947/