Honored Contributor

@daisyk I would circle the day on the calendar which will be the last treatment.I would then tick off each day until then.Just seeing that there is an end might help and being able to watch it draw closer.I am sorry that yo have to deal with this and I will pray for you to heal.You will feel so free when this is all said and done....keep plugging along and be extra kind to yourself.We will cheer you on in cyberspace any time you need it.

Honored Contributor

@daisyk , 

I just want to let you know that you will be in my prayers, and I am sending positive energy your way. 

I would suggest allowing your body all the rest it needs during this time. If you enjoy reading, or watching old movies. 

Lots of good and caring people here on these forums too, and we are here anytime you want to visit for a while. 

Remember, this too shall pass. 

Contributor

I am also currently receiving chemo for colon cancer and can relate to your situation.  I am also tired much of the time.  Sometimes my oncologist gives me B-12 shots and that seems to help.  But for the most part I take a nap during the day if I need it, and do what I can and try not to push myself too hard.  I also haven't been vomiting, but often feel queasy and don't want to eat.  That comes and goes.  I try to make sure I am drinking enough water because dehydration can make you feel sick and tired.  Believe me I hate the treatment and can't wait until its over - but I haven't been told when that will be.  

Hang in there!

Regular Contributor

Another BC gal here. Found a lump on Christmas Day 2016 and started the first of six chemo rounds on Valentine's Day 2017. I would underscore what others have said about visiting the community forums on breastcancer.org. You'll find that new questions and issues pop up throughout your treatment, and the forums are a good place to get advice from others who've experienced the same things you are. There is so much helpful info there that I could always find what I was looking for without actually posting a question.

Cancer is as much a mental experience as it is a physical one. For those days when things get to be too emotionally draining, try reading a book that has tons of good reviews, something light and easy, maybe funny. I found that to be very therapeutic and a good way to get outside of my thoughts/escape when things became overwhelming.

I hope that helps. I'll join some of our fellow posters in prayer.

You might also find comfort in a verse that became my mantra during treatment and continues to be: Provers 3:5-6 - Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path.   

Honored Contributor

@globegrl I will pray for you .You hang in there too and stay strong.

Trusted Contributor

@cookie16...Wow, 6 months of chemo and radiation! I still don't know about radiation, we will see after surgery I think. It really helps me to hear other people's experiences, thank you for sharing, it is inspiring to hear you are doing so well now! 

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT...thank you so much for the good thoughts and prayer! I do pray! I consider myself more spirtual than religous. I do hope Pooh is right-Smiley Happy I believe it! 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl..thank you for the good thoughts. It's probably a good idea to plan something a little fun around infusion day-I probably feel the best that day, and then it goes down from there-Smiley Happy Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

@FLtricia..thank you so much for your response and sharing your experience. I have browsed over at Breastcancer.org a bit. It is a very good site for info. I will indeed carry you all "in my pocket" when I go back. I love that anaology. 

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella...thanks so much for sharing about your mom.  I will keep her in mind as I travel this road! You are right-this forum is the most awesome I know! Tears of gratitude now.