Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@millieshops   I got mine in the very first batch they sent out and they expire July 4th.  Doubt I'd ever use them, so it really doesn't matter.

Mine expire on the same date as yours....which isn't that far out. Here's hoping we never need them.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I may actually use one test this week because I will begin the various clearance procedures for surgery the first week In April.  I know I have to show up At hospital 2 days prior for their Covid test, but I don't want any last minute surprises

Respected Contributor

It seems that I read that they are accurate beyond the expiration date...not sure how long.

My issue was that I have Omicron and knew I was sick ( had been exposed) but tested negative on PCR test and antigen tests for several days after my symptoms began. It takes a while for the virus to build up in your nose.My doctor said it is not uncommon to test negative at first when infected with Omicron.

I am vaccinated and boosted and had a breakthrough case. From a vaccinated person. We all recovered just fine.

Honored Contributor

There's always an expiration date on the box.  Look carefully, it's there.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

It seems that I read that they are accurate beyond the expiration date...not sure how long.

My issue was that I have Omicron and knew I was sick ( had been exposed) but tested negative on PCR test and antigen tests for several days after my symptoms began. It takes a while for the virus to build up in your nose.My doctor said it is not uncommon to test negative at first when infected with Omicron.

I am vaccinated and boosted and had a breakthrough case. From a vaccinated person. We all recovered just fine.

My friend is a doctor, she said the tests are accurate up to 3 months after the expiration date.  

Honored Contributor

It's my understanding that the only company that applied for an expiration date extension was Abbott for its BinaxNow tests.  Those are good for 3 months past the expiration date on the box.

Unless a company presents evidence to the FDA asking for an expiration date extension, the tests expire on the date on the box.  They don't expire on the exact date but the reagent liquid and the antibodies on the test strip start to break down and they are no longer accurate.