Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Covid Vaccine and Mammograms

@Shelbelle wrote:

https://www.fox13now.com/news/coronavirus/local-coronavirus-news/new-mammogram-guidelines-for-women-...

@Shelbelle @Thank you for sharing. While this affects Intermountain, the information is highly important. Women need to know this is a possibility. With these findings, there will be more investigation and probably more guidelines changes elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

Uh-oh...I skipped my last mammo and now it will be two years for next one if I get vaccinated. Oh well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would think this news affects all of us, not just a certain area.  Another article I saw said this is occurring most often in women under age 55. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  I'm in your boat too!  Skipped last year. I was just going to book my mamo for two weeks after my second shot. I think I will anyway.

Honored Contributor

Best to wait for mamm 4 weeks following second shot. 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@SilleeMee  I'm in your boat too!  Skipped last year. I was just going to book my mamo for two weeks after my second shot. I think I will anyway.

@PA Mom-mom 

Me, too. I'll have to hear what my PCP says and go from there.

Valued Contributor

I know my comment won't be popular but this is why I'm waiting before getting the vaccine until more time passes. Some of these signs of inflammation are now showing up. I'm boosting my immune system with Vit D, Vit C, Zinc, and many other things that don't require this rushed vaccine. Just my decision for my body. Don't worry I'm not going out much so don't worry I'm not exposing you. 

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

I know my comment won't be popular but this is why I'm waiting before getting the vaccine until more time passes. Some of these signs of inflammation are now showing up. I'm boosting my immune system with Vit D, Vit C, Zinc, and many other things that don't require this rushed vaccine. Just my decision for my body. Don't worry I'm not going out much so don't worry I'm not exposing you. 

My DH feels same way, he feels it is very rushed and so much is still unknown, he is 70 and happy to wait for his vaccine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO not having been able to sign up for the vaccine, b/c of no supply, might not be a bad thing after all...at least for me it is. I'm in no real hurry to get the shot...just keeping clear of people and staying safe at home as much as I can. I'm actually wary of getting the vaccine right now but I know I'll eventually need it.