Respected Contributor

April 5 MI vaxes all over 16

Hooray for all in MI.

Has your state set a date?

Honored Contributor

Re: April 5 MI vaxes all over 16

Our state, Texas is starting Monday for people 50 or older and at least one health problem.  I am the right age but have no health problems.  Not to mention I am not sure if I will do a vaccine or not.  But happy to see the choices are getting so much better for all to make.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Well then I hope they open a lot more vaccination clinics because a family member is over 80 and still hasn't been able to secure a vaccine appointment, let alone the vaccine itself.

Honored Contributor

On one hand it is great to give everyone the opportunity. On the other hand it creates a real bottleneck with all the backed up demand.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Here, fixed it for you....

April 5 MI opens the lottery for vaccine appointment to all over 16

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC    Has MI completed vaccinating all the elderly and those with serious medical conditions?  Have they vaccinated those in low- income under-served communities?  If not, you have nothing to brag about. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hawaii, as of 3/15, will begin vaccinating all 65+.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 At Ford Field in downtown Detroit the federal program will be giving up to 6,000 per day.  I think it makes sense to rush through the populations that live in density and poverty.  That has been a big problem in LA.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ohio made 50+ eligible as of yesterday.

They are beginning a mass vaccination in downtown Cleveland next week.

I was able to easily get an appointment for today and I just became eligible yesterday.

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of 3-4 generation families who live together in the big cities.  It would be efficient for all the family to go together for 1 or 2 appts.  This running ahead of the variants involves getting herds of people protected in a very short time.