Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covid-19 Rite-Aid Baseline form by Verily

@tipsy wrote:

@shoesnbags it's really complicated.  I found out I would need Medicare Part D in order to get those numbers.  I only have Part A & Part B.

My secondary insurance is TriCare & I called them & they do not have an ID Policy number or a Group ID number.  I didn't bother asking for an address because if there's no ID policy or Group ID number just the address won't work.  

UPDATED Edit:  I finally talked to someone at the Baseline testing & she said to put in that I do not have health insurance because that is the only way to continue on the site.  So I have an appointment!

@tipsy 

Congratulations on finding a work-around!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covid-19 Rite-Aid Baseline form by Verily

Does Medicare cover testing for COVID-19?

Yes, testing for COVID-19 is covered under Medicare Part B. Under rules announced on April 30, 2020, an order from a beneficiary’s treating physician is no longer required for COVID-19 testing to be covered under Medicare, which will better enable beneficiaries to use community testing sites, such as drive-through testing at hospital off-site locations. Medicare will also cover serology tests that can determine whether an individual has been infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and developed antibodies to the virus. Medicare Advantage plans are required to cover all Medicare Part A and Part B services, including COVID-19 testing.

How much do Medicare beneficiaries pay for COVID-19 testing?

Medicare beneficiaries who get tested for COVID-19 are not required to pay the Part B deductible or any coinsurance for this test, because clinical diagnostic laboratory tests are covered under traditional Medicare at no cost sharing. Beneficiaries will also not face cost sharing for the COVID-19 serology test, since it is considered to be a diagnostic laboratory test. (Under traditional Medicare, beneficiaries typically face a $198 deductible for Part B services and coinsurance of 20 percent.) A provision in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act also eliminates beneficiary cost sharing for COVID-19 testing-related services, including the associated physician visit or other outpatient visit (such as hospital observation, E-visit, or emergency department services). A testing-related service is a medical visit furnished during the emergency period that results in ordering or administering the test. The law also eliminates cost sharing for Medicare Advantage enrollees for both the COVID-19 test and testing-related services, and prohibits the use of prior authorization or other utilization management requirements for these services.