Trusted Contributor

A concussion is awful; I’m sorry you’re going through that. 

Many years ago I got a concussion. The symptoms were difficult; I didn’t feel well. 

I went to my trusted chiropractor and he could tell after examining me I had a concussion. He adjusted me accordingly and it helped immensely. I got a few more adjustments and felt better each time. 

Honored Contributor

Oh boy, I wish you well.... not easy!  Ten years ago I fell down our stairs and hit my left cheek on the banister at the bottom of the stairs.  Knocked me out completely but thank God DH was home and said I was unconscious at the bottom of the stairs and wasn't breathing.  Against everything he has ever heard he moved me and said that was when I started breathing again.  911 came and I went to the ER.  I don't remember most of this, I mean I heard the paramedics and thought I was answering them but couldn't open my eyes and wasn't talking.  I had three brain bleeds and a concussion.  The brain bleeds stopped bleeding and I didn't need surgery.  The concussion was mild and I have one thing left that my doctor says probably won't get any better.... my balance is slightly affected.  Sometimes I feel like I am falling when I am not and I'll lurch a bit.  I've adjusted to it the best I can and feel incredibly lucky to still be here.... Woman Very Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Mustang Shar 

I am glad you are doing better.  I have seen patients who did not have a good outcome and it is always unwise for lay people to tell others how long and what to expect with head injuries.  I would never do that. I will not go into details as that too is unethical but best advice you can get is from your doctor or the nursing staff whom he/she advises.  Thankfully you appear to be doing well and that is wonderful.  Should you develop any symptoms, even after a few weeks, however, of confusion or headaches, please get back in touch withyour doctor.

Thank you. Guess I just wanted to know about how long I'd feel like this, never had one before. Being a retired medical claim examiner, I should have known better. However I did get good info and I'm not rushing it. There are times I'm starting to feel normal, then the stinging comes back. Thank you again 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar  no problem in getting information from someone who has been through it. You weren't asking for advice. Now you have an idea about the length of time it might take instead of you getting upset because after a week or so, you aren't feeling any better.

Hope everything works out for you with the physical therapy.  

You said you are alone. Who is walking the pups? Can they go in the back yard by themselves?

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Mustang Shar  no problem in getting information from someone who has been through it. You weren't asking for advice. Now you have an idea about the length of time it might take instead of you getting upset because after a week or so, you aren't feeling any better.

Hope everything works out for you with the physical therapy.  

You said you are alone. Who is walking the pups? Can they go in the back yard by themselves?

Im in a condo so dogs must be leashed and walked.  I've had to walk them but we did frequent short walks in front of building.  Only had a couple of accidents in the house, so they really did try.

My Physical Therapist has scheduled me with a Concussion Therapist before we begin. I didn't realize there was such a specialty therapist. Today's the day