Frequent Contributor

Do you wear your fitbit to work?

I got a fitbit last spring after lockdown.  It's been helpful in tracking my sleep and my steps, and while I've been home I wore it all the time. 

I have started going back to work though, and it feels out of place and too casual to wear my fitbit to work.  I ordered nicer bands for it (got one silver and one gold bracelet style band plus a leather style band and all are nice) because I thought that the nicer band would help dress it up a bit.  However, it still feels out of place to have my fitbit on and be dressed up in heels and professional dress with my other really nice, expensive jewelry on.  

Do you wear your fitbit to work?  Am I being too high maintenance to think this doesn't go with my outfit or my work image?

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear your fitbit to work?

[ Edited ]

I've seen many people very dressed up wearing an Apple Watch which tracks your movement and also fitbits. You should wear it to work and you'll probably notice others who do as well. Edited to add. If you wear nicer bracelets around it it will be less noticeable. 

Honored Contributor

I have a garmin and wear it everywhere.  

Respected Contributor

I work for a healthcare company and we earn cash and time off based on the amount of steps taken monthly, quarterly and annually.  We ALL wear our fitbits all of the time.  It has earned me a lot!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

I've worn my Fitbit to work for years. Many others in my office do, also.

Respected Contributor

I always wore my Fitbit to work.  I am retired now.  I think it is very customary now to see people wear them - at work and everywhere.