Super Contributor

Re: Check out Lisa's Torture of the Week - Pull Ups

On 9/24/2014 gazelle77 said:

Just my opinion.... but, Lisa wonders why she has creepy people following her.... pictures of her working out, pictures of her home inside all lead to weirdos stalking her... she should learn from past experiences and not be so open with her personal life.

I think exactly THIS every single time she posts personal things, which is almost daily. One thing is for sure, if I had stalkers there would be no way I'd open up like she does. It sort of makes you wonder.......

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 9/24/2014 Rottie_mama said:
On 9/24/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Pull up tips (if you're interested!)

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/the-proof-is-in-the-pull-up-10-tools-for-getting-bet...

Thanks for the article. It is great getting tips from women who actually desire upper body strength.

If I have to hear one more woman say "but I don't want to get big" I might vomit. JK Besides, those muscles fight gravity!!!

Any more tip and tricks please share! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I always tell women to concentrate on the BIG moves, the ones that use the most muscles at a time. They give you the most bang for your buck and they work your body as a unit (the way it is meant to work) rather than as "pieces/parts".

Great info-Always looking for new moves/methods!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Speaking of the stalker thing, believe me, stalkers are obsessive, delusional, absolutely crazed people. They have no filter and they truly can and will make a person's life a living ---l!! I applaud anyone like Lisa who does not cower from this terrible specter. Whether a person is a big celebrity, a minor celebrity or just a plain person, hiding, cringing, not "putting themselves out there" is just giving in and being a victim and having victim mentality. Making a video, posting pictures, etc. is brave, real and not stupid. It is living a real life and not being fearful of the consequences of living that real life. Whether or not a person hides completely or lives life, it doesn't matter to the stalker. However, it does matter to the person being stalked.

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

Speaking of the stalker thing, believe me, stalkers are obsessive, delusional, absolutely crazed people. They have no filter and they truly can and will make a person's life a living ---l!! I applaud anyone like Lisa who does not cower from this terrible specter. Whether a person is a big celebrity, a minor celebrity or just a plain person, hiding, cringing, not "putting themselves out there" is just giving in and being a victim and having victim mentality. Making a video, posting pictures, etc. is brave, real and not stupid. It is living a real life and not being fearful of the consequences of living that real life. Whether or not a person hides completely or lives life, it doesn't matter to the stalker. However, it does matter to the person being stalked.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 9/25/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Absolutely-well said! The same advice can be applied for us gals and participation on this board. Some individuals/small groups act aggressively towards posters that don't cower to their attempts to not allow comments to be posted that aren't "in agreement" with them. Stalking and attacks. Just stand up, take appropriate actions and stay active!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

It's a torture just watching it.

Honored Contributor

Stalkers often want power over their targets and scaring them out of living their lives the way they want is WHAT they want.

You cower, they win.

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Stalkers often want power over their targets and scaring them out of living their lives the way they want is WHAT they want.

You cower, they win.

Yep! Some other good advice--document, print posts etc from these attackers and stalkers. The details are important for reporting and to law enforcement. Many of these people offer up lots of info to identify themselves--not as anonymous as they think! Some provide full names on blogs and other social platforms, home locations, email, work and family info. If they step over the line, you need to take swift action. Don't cower--THEY are the cowards!

Super Contributor

As far as the stalking thing-yes she should live her life but she has taken no precautionary steps to lessen the stress of it and to say : ¨she lives in fear everyday¨ when she hears noises she wonders ¨quotes from the ABC lnterview in April

Get a guard dog, have a man or woman roommate, get a relationship-(so fulfils life to share w/ someone )that would not be a hard one for her. She seems so set in her ways and it seems others would interfer w/ her life/routine/ schedule so she lives in fear. That is just sad to me.

Respected Contributor

On 9/24/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 9/24/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

She is not 50 yet, she is in her late 40's, 47 or something!

LOL! What happens when she turns 50? Maybe she will do 4 pull-ups and not 3?
HAHAHAHA ...you must take into consideration she did 3pull ups in FULL makeup. That has to count for something!!!! By the way,I cannot do a single one. Lol.