Honored Contributor

Re: Check out Lisa's Torture of the Week - Pull Ups

On 9/24/2014 brii said: I'd rather have big muscles than big fat. Lol.

Honored Contributor

And, if I may add, even though some kinds of approaches to pull ups are considered cheating, this doesn't mean that they are of no use.

Kipping, for example, is still useful.

And you're still deriving benefit even if you don't extend all the way.

In case there is any misunderstanding.

Lisa is very dedicated to her workouts and IT SHOWS!

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed WATCHING those segments - but something about her Trainer creeps me out.

She is very fit !

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I don't care which way my palms were facing or how bent my arms were, unless there was someone holding my hips and lifting me up and down, I wouldn't be able to do one.

Is it so hard for some women to give another woman credit for anything?

Funny that you mentioned someone holding your hips...that's how my trainer had me do them at first! With my feet in a bungee cord for a little momentum.

I don't like heights - and that was at least HALF of my anxiety re: doing pull ups. He had me doing them with my hands outstretched and wide too. VERY tough! He said, "Don't worry, I'll catch you." I had to explain that I would squish him first!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care which way my palms were facing or how bent my arms were, unless there was someone holding my hips and lifting me up and down, I wouldn't be able to do one.

ITA about how there are some women who can't credit another women...but you know, it's also something people just seem to do. It's people who can't be happy for someone else's good fortune or good work that's noticed...promotion...what have you.

I work w/ a few men who are like that. They somehow seem to think if someone else does good...they look bad. And oh my word...if someone get's an atta boy (girl) from a boss...Katie bar the door...the world stops for them. These jack rabbits will make some sort of kissing noise or ask how it feels to have a brown nose. Silly grade school behavior.

And we women are so hard on themselves...not sure why other women have to do the pile on. It's not like most of us don't already think the worst of ourselves anyway. Never skinny enough, pretty enough, rich enough, smart enough, successful enough, put together enough, have enough friends...etc. etc. etc.

I wonder if there is an age where we just stop selling ourselves short or do we go to our graves w/ regret?

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I like her wall mountain climbers.

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 brii said: I'd rather have big muscles than big fat. Lol.

Me too!

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 kate2357 said:

ITA about how there are some women who can't credit another women...but you know, it's also something people just seem to do. It's people who can't be happy for someone else's good fortune or good work that's noticed...promotion...what have you.

I work w/ a few men who are like that. They somehow seem to think if someone else does good...they look bad. And oh my word...if someone get's an atta boy (girl) from a boss...Katie bar the door...the world stops for them. These jack rabbits will make some sort of kissing noise or ask how it feels to have a brown nose. Silly grade school behavior.

And we women are so hard on themselves...not sure why other women have to do the pile on. It's not like most of us don't already think the worst of ourselves anyway. Never skinny enough, pretty enough, rich enough, smart enough, successful enough, put together enough, have enough friends...etc. etc. etc.

I wonder if there is an age where we just stop selling ourselves short or do we go to our graves w/ regret?

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Nice Comments. Thought provoking to say the least.

I applaud any woman who isn't simply trying to reach their skeletal weight but to be healthy.

Valued Contributor

Lisa is in great shape. It takes commitment to be healthy!

Valued Contributor

She looks great for any age! I can't comment on her pull up technique since I do mine on my fluidity bar. Lol!