Honored Contributor

Re: Check out Lisa's Torture of the Week - Pull Ups

Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 gazelle77 said:

Just my opinion.... but, Lisa wonders why she has creepy people following her.... pictures of her working out, pictures of her home inside all lead to weirdos stalking her... she should learn from past experiences and not be so open with her personal life.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this thread.

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 12andcounting said:
On 9/24/2014 gazelle77 said:

Just my opinion.... but, Lisa wonders why she has creepy people following her.... pictures of her working out, pictures of her home inside all lead to weirdos stalking her... she should learn from past experiences and not be so open with her personal life.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this thread.

I think it is sad that we have to play it so careful.... but life is not fair and people can be crazy.

Honored Contributor

She can't just hide in her house.

Stalkers are going to stalk if you're a public person, and unless she quits her job and moves to a cave, she's going to be a public person.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think anyone is suggesting that she "hide in her house." However, there is a difference in hiding in her house and putting pictures of herself everywhere at every turn. We don't have to like it that there are stalkers, crazies and just plain evil people out there, but we should certainly be more aware and careful about it. Common sense is a good thing.

Respected Contributor

LOL! Laughing at myself. When I first read the title of this thread, my first thought was of the pull-ups diapers for kids & wondering what kind of weird GILI had LR come up with{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 12andcounting said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that she "hide in her house." However, there is a difference in hiding in her house and putting pictures of herself everywhere at every turn. We don't have to like it that there are stalkers, crazies and just plain evil people out there, but we should certainly be more aware and careful about it. Common sense is a good thing.

I just think it's like blaming the victim.

Stalkers are nuts, it doesn't matter WHAT you do. If they're going to stalk they're going to stalk. You don't INVITE them to stalk you.

JMO.

Honored Contributor

She just likes people talking about her - good or bad. The more attention she gets, the more job security she has.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 brii said:

She just likes people talking about her - good or bad. The more attention she gets, the more job security she has.

I believe this is true. Not smart, but true.

Honored Contributor

Impressed? Welllll.

I would be much more impressed if she used a more difficult grip like the pronated grip (uses back/lats) vs the neutral grip (uses biceps), which neutral is traditionally a much, much easier way to do pull-ups.

And if she used a full extension instead of stopping @ 90degrees....but at least she's not kipping, so I give her points for that!

But nothing to write home about...but that's how I roll.

Kitty...I just read your response! We think alike...my trainers taught me the military way right from the beginning.