Respected Contributor

Re: Check out Lisa's Torture of the Week - Pull Ups

On 9/24/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

It is easier to do them with palms facing each other (as she's doing) instead of a wide grip with palms facing forward and she's also not fully extended at the bottom (elbows are bent a lot).

But I'm a critic. Some say a PITA!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

But she does look great!

I love her cross bench jumps and the "therapy" thing with the ball on the rope. Great core stuff.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm not tiny, I'm tall (5'9) and over 145 but I can do pull ups over hand and underhand about 10-12 each and go ALL THE WAY DOWN

She looks AMAZING so she is doing somethign right Smiley Happy Diet is about 85% of being in shape Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 Sandgirl said:

It is easier to do them with palms facing each other (as she's doing) instead of a wide grip with palms facing forward and she's also not fully extended at the bottom (elbows are bent a lot).

But she does look great!

I love her cross bench jumps and the "therapy" thing with the ball on the rope. Great core stuff.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm not tiny, I'm tall (5'9) and over 145 but I can do pull ups over hand and underhand about 10-12 each and go ALL THE WAY DOWN

She looks AMAZING so she is doing somethign right Smiley Happy Diet is about 85% of being in shape Smiley Happy

For a fifty something woman, she is amazing.

I'm not going to nit-pick her form...

Honored Contributor

But she does look great!

I'm sure the percentage of this could be debated but a very true adage in fitness is 'YOU CAN'T OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET'.

Amen.

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 terrier3 said:

But she does look great!

For a fifty something woman, she is amazing.

I'm not going to nit-pick her form...

It's not her form, it's her technique. Doing pull ups in that manner is really considered "cheating". And I've cheated plenty of them!

Is she over 50? I thought she was in her 40s.

Honored Contributor

You can certainly vary your grip, though, when doing pull ups. Wide, narrow, palms facing out, facing in, facing towards one another.

But you should extend fully or you are really cheating it.

Super Contributor

Pull up tips (if you're interested!)

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/the-proof-is-in-the-pull-up-10-tools-for-getting-bet...

Thanks for the article. It is great getting tips from women who actually desire upper body strength.

If I have to hear one more woman say "but I don't want to get big" I might vomit. JK Besides, those muscles fight gravity!!!

Any more tip and tricks please share! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

BOOM! That is the perfect way to do them! WOW...10-12! THAT'S my gal!

Sidenote...how's the sleep coming? Better? Maybe start a new thread on your update...seems like a common problem with a lot of us. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 Rottie_mama said:

Pull up tips (if you're interested!)

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/the-proof-is-in-the-pull-up-10-tools-for-getting-bet...

Thanks for the article. It is great getting tips from women who actually desire upper body strength.

If I have to hear one more woman say "but I don't want to get big" I might vomit. JK Besides, those muscles fight gravity!!!

Any more tip and tricks please share! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

The more I lift, the smaller I get. Rather, if I stop (I've been lifting seriously for over 30 years) I spread and get bigger. I get back to it and everything snaps back to attention. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Muscle is the key to keeping your body young.

Super Contributor

That was it? She did three pull ups? Not impressed
Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 gazelle77 said: That was it? She did three pull ups? Not impressed

How many can you do?