Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree

I am not cured by any means. 2 heart attacks in less than one year...

@Trinity11

I was not aware you had a 2nd heart attack. The last I read in your posts, you said you were still moving forward and getting better.

Really sorry to see this and also sorry I missed the post talking about having another heart attack. If and when you feel up to it, share whatever details you feel comfortable telling me about.

I will be thinking about you and hoping the damage to your heart was/is as minimal as humanly possible.

My very best wishes to you,

hckynut(john)

Hi @hckynut. On May 6th I had another heart attack but no damage this time. Apparently, the obtuse marginal artery was blocked in two places ....one of the stents the other doctor put in last June didn't hold, plus a new blockage. This time I had the Head of Cardiology of a major heart hospital fix whatever the last doctor had failed to accomplish. The angioplasty was on May 8. I was transferred from a hospital near us that had no cath lab to a major medical center for heart patients. First case he took Monday morning at 6 AM because I was in agony from angina and they don't do angiograms on non-stemi heart attack patients on weekends. I am thriving and feeling wonderful today. I was able to walk a few miles, whereas the last time went right into heart failure after the procedure.

Thanks to you, I am still on the planet. I will never be able to thank you enough for posting about back pain and heart attacks. You literally saved my life having posted that.

Hope you are doing well....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote: 

Hi @hckynut. On May 6th I had another heart attack but no damage this time. Apparently, the obtuse marginal artery was blocked in two places ....one of the stents the other doctor put in last June didn't hold, plus a new blockage. This time I had the Head of Cardiology of a major heart hospital fix whatever the last doctor had failed to accomplish. The angioplasty was on May 8. I was transferred from a hospital near us that had no cath lab to a major medical center for heart patients. First case he took Monday morning at 6 AM because I was in agony from angina and they don't do angiograms on non-stemi heart attack patients on weekends. I am thriving and feeling wonderful today. I was able to walk a few miles, whereas the last time went right into heart failure after the procedure.

Thanks to you, I am still on the planet. I will never be able to thank you enough for posting about back pain and heart attacks. You literally saved my life having posted that.

@Trinity11

Can't imagine why or how something like that could happen, talking about your other doctor.  I also don't understand waiting to

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote: 

@Trinity11

Can't imagine why or how something like that could happen, talking about your other doctor.  I also don't understand waiting to

@hckynut, the other doctor was incompetent... He was assigned to the case and had little experience. As far as waiting, I was admitted to a hospital near home on Saturday and later transferred on Sunday morning because they have no Cath labs. No interventions are done on weekends if it is a non-stemi heart attack. I live in a metropolitan area where beds are scarce thus the wait. This is a hospital known in our area as being the best heart hospital. Based on how good I feel, I feel a lot of hope for the future.

Honored Contributor
@hckynut@LilacTree@SilleeMee

I have been doing internet research on biofilms and their interference with human health.
Staph aureus/pseudomonas/ and now C. pneumoniae are only three of the organisms that I know of so far. I'm sure there are many more resistant organisms being studied.
Are any of you familiar with the disease processes of biofilms being studied?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Trinity11 wrote

Hi @hckynut. On May 6th I had another heart attack but no damage this time. Apparently, the obtuse marginal artery was blocked in two places ....one of the stents the other doctor put in last June didn't hold, plus a new blockage. Th

@Trinity11

@hckynut, the other doctor was incompetent... He was assigned to the case and had little experience. As far as waiting, I was admitted to a hospital near home on Saturday and later transferred on Sunday morning because they have no Cath labs. No interventions are done on weekends if it is a non-stemi heart attack. I live in a metropolitan area where beds are scarce thus the wait. This is a hospital known in our area as being the best heart hospital. Based on how good I feel, I feel a lot of hope for the future.

Hi @Trinity11,

Don't know what happened to my above reply post to you. Spent 20 minutes typing and this is all that showed up? Crazy!

Pretty much just asking questions, which you pretty much answered in this post of yours. I will type just a smidgen of what should be shown in my other reply. My #1 attack not only was on a weekend, but it was a Saturday, July 5th, 2003, a Holiday weekend. Glad my hospital didn't have the same criteria as yours or I doubt I would be here now.

Was very happy that you somehow had no heart damage with this heart attack. Mine was damaged the most in #1 because of the Aspiration Pneumonia. They had to work on getting as much fluid out of me(beat the sh*t outta me, I remember well that part) before they could do the heart stuff. Both attacks damaged the bottom portion of my heart, with #2 being much less because I got there quick and it was cleared in 52 minutes from when I first knew I was having it.

Not losing some of your heart muscle is definitely a plus. My recent Treadmill Stress Echo, even though they wouldn't let me go to MY MAX(and my Cardiologist was not happy with them when I told him they refused to let me tell them when I was at MY max). It did show much better function than the last one on the treadmill.

My last 2 Stress Echocardiograms were the Nuclear Lexiscan, 1 because of my bout with Cellulitis, the other because of the Anemia caused by my low Hemoglobin, and that was from my once again bleeding colon.

Since you asked, I am in GREAT shape, physically and mentally. Took me years to finally get to where I almost feel like my athletic self once again, mostly because I am working out like my it is my athletic days again.

Going to Physical Therapy 3 times a week working on my balance issue. Also spending a good amount of time at home working on the balancing exercises. My goal is to go skating regularly again, and not fall and break any more ribs. I think you know my recent rib story.

Take care of yourself my friend and I am wishing you nothing but positives now and in all future days. Let me know what's up with you, hopefully it will all be good. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  Thought about you tonight while cooking dinner.  I have a blue apron that says, "Hungary for Hockey" and has a player, in action, on the front!  My favorite apron!  Makes me think about you often!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  It says, "Hungry for Hockey

So sorry.  Can't think and type at the same time!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

Hey, Hungary is a country, not sure, but I am sure there are some that play hockey. Now were I to cook much, that would be an apron I would wear. Thank you for your recognition of hockey and myself.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I was diagnosed with cellulitis once.  My PCP didn't say the word to me but I saw it when I went online to read the visit notes.

I didn't buy it, so I made a dermatology appointment.  It had progressed in the 4 or 6 weeks before my appointment.  When the derm doc saw me, she told me to get a blood test and since she was pretty sure what it would show she gave me a script for doxycycline. 

Yes...lymes. 

And I thought...so THAT's why I've been so tired lately.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I was diagnosed with cellulitis once.  My PCP didn't say the word to me but I saw it when I went online to read the visit notes.

@esmerelda

From my experience with cellulitis, I don't see how anyone that truly has it, is going to wait days before taking action. In less than 12 hours my cat bite turned into a hand I did not recognize/a #10 pain level, and physical deterioration to almost passing out and severe nausea.

Had I not acted when I did, Sepsis would have been next. Unless there are different types and levels of cellulitis, I do not see how anyone would function very long, if they had cellulitis. I also can't imagine any doctor not being able to detect it or sending a patient on their way with that diagnosis.

After my experience and 6 days in the hospital on 4 different antibiotic IV drips, I just can't see that happening.

Glad you got the correct diagnosis and treatment, and were wise enough to "not buy" the cellulitis diagnosis.

hckynut(john) 

hckynut(john)