Honored Contributor

1. @bobby5 wrote:
    @chrystaltree

Just curious about something. You said your heart would beat very fast. How long would it do that? All the time...or periods of time?

All the time!  And I didn't know it until I wore a heart monitor for two weeks.

Trusted Contributor
@chrystaltree

Oh wow, so you actually didn't feel it beating fast. Well I'm glad you got it taken care of. I wish you the best!
Respected Contributor

Sure hope it works for you.  I worked in CCU and saw it done several times.  Most of the ones I saw were urgent, not scheduled.

Since I am also a patient now, I can relate to the feeling on the "other side."

My Dad lived with it without symptoms for many years.  His biggest challenge was the warfarin, and his numbers weren't changed much.  It did complicate things when he had diverticular bleeding toward the end of his life!  But both times, it stopped on its own.

Best to you,

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@chrystaltree   Glad it worked for you!!

My husband has had it 2x...it did not work and we were so hoping it would work for him....eloquis is so expensive.

@chrystaltree 

Talk to your cardiologist about getting the medicine for you from a detail rep.  We have insurance that pays for ours but we have friends who don't and their cardiologist has been so nice to help them with that.

Respected Contributor

My Mother is 92,  has AFIB. Had cardioversion 4 yrs ago, had first episode in 2017 after hip replacement.

March 2022  was rushed to Hospital from her Cardio office visit, resistant AFB eposide, spent 10 days there and Rehab two weeks. 

She's in AFIB all the time . She takes Amiodorone, Digoxin and Eliquis and for HBP Toprol.

She's doing fairly well again but may need another Cardioversion soon. She is a very very high-strung person who keeps her emotions bottled up.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@chrystaltree   Glad it worked for you!!

My husband has had it 2x...it did not work and we were so hoping it would work for him....eloquis is so expensive.

@chrystaltree 

Talk to your cardiologist about getting the medicine for you from a detail rep.  We have insurance that pays for ours but we have friends who don't and their cardiologist has been so nice to help them with that.

Now that I'm retired, I'm covered on hubby's insurance plan.  He is still working, I'm 63 and not eligible for Medicare.  Eliquis is expensive but his insurer pays a little more than half. We're ok with that.  However I'm taking Trulicity to help with weight loss. I'm not diabetic.  That one is costs me $250 a month after insurance pays. Hoping to lose 20lbs by 11/15 but whether I do or not, I'm stopping the Trulicity.  I've already lost 10 in a month and I always planned to stop it after 3 months due to the expense.