Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom  Great News :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

graciesmom, fabulous news! Prayers answered. That's very encouraging news for me, because I think we are on the same medicine? Is this your first clear Ct scan?

i am very very happy for you! 

Goldie

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom

I just landed here and don't want to intrude.

Can't help but wish you "CONGRATULATIONS" YAY🎉 

on your good results!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Excellent news, Gracies mom. Never doubt the power of the beloved Padre. I sent in a prayer request about a month ago asking the monks to pray over all of us. They must think I'm nuts with all of the names I put in. Graciesmom, birdmama, bowregard,GC. Ok we have some normal ones but I often wonder what they think. 

Honored Contributor

Great news graciesmommy 🎉🎇🎆💃🎊🎉🎊💃🎇🎆🎇🎉

Graciesmommy, did you ever get the diabetes medicine figured out?  What's Gracie up to? 🐕🐕🐕

Goldie, I think the Golden girl names will workout good.🐤🐤🐤

Nothing much going on here. Had the day off and started off like gang busters, then fizzled.  At least I mowed the lawn and did laundry.

Valued Contributor

Goldie----Yes, we are on the same medication--Femara (I take the generic Letrozole)--it has worked beautifully for me! I had a PET scan--not a CAT scan--I can't have CAT scans since I'm allergic to the dye used for it. Yes, this is the first completely clear PET scan--no cancer and no inflammations. All of my past scans always showed something--my last few scans always showed some activity--now it is thought it was inflammation in my intestine--and not cancer that spread.

This scan showed NOTHING----my hubby and I are THRILLED!! I hope the Femara is working well for you--as well as it didf for me--that drug is a true blessing!

GCR---Thank you for asking about my beloved Gracie! She is 13 and has slowed down considerably--which makes me sad--but she is not ready to cross the rainbow bridge yet! I'm doing the best I can to keep her happy and comfortable. I know it's her mitral valve disease that is slowing her down--her heart is old--but she continues to enjoy life and for that I'm grateful.

Yes, we did straighten out our diabetes drugs--but my hubby and I have found that the new insulins do not work as well as the old--which our insurance won't cover anymore. I don't know where this problem is going yet...we'll see what our endocrinologists want to do.

Jackie---Once again, thank you for the prayers to Padre Pio! I, too, am a fan of the Padre---Pray, Hope and Don't Worry---that's my mantra--I know he is listening!!!

Thank you everyone for the good wishes--even though I don't post here often, please know that I read about all of you almost daily--and every single one of you are in my prayers!!!! Wishing everyone a great weekend!!! God Bless!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

gracie----oh hurray! for you and your great news!!! I am so happy for you.

Valued Contributor

Graciesmom pet scan is even better, I think it sees things they can't even see on a Ct scan, I'm verrry encouraged to hear how this drug is working for you. What a fabulous thing to hear CLEAR, is such a simple word, but makes such a world of difference. 

Again , I'm very happy for you. 

Hugs to all

Goldie

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom - I'm so happy for you.  I pray for each and every one of you every night.  I added a special prayer for you that your scan would come out negative for cancer.  We need to celebrate every time one of us has good news to share,

Honored Contributor

Goldie, I was going to remind you to remind us to write in teal for July.  Don't forget Saturday 2pm EST is Super Saturday.  80% of the proceeds go towards ovarian cancer research.  Buy till it hurts!!!!  Haha

download.jpg

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

My air conditioner stopped working Saturday.  Luckily it wasn't too hot.  I thought it felt humid and looked at the thermometer, it was 78.  I was able to get someone to come over this afternoon and fix it.  Apparently, there are bugs that breed when it's wet and hot.  Well one of those bugs got into the air conditioner and stopped the electric to it.  I tried to pay attention to what the guy was saying, but really didn't care.  LOL.  I kept thinking he's probably charging by the hour.  It was only $136 new part and stories included.  🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛