Valued Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Goldie, I was going to remind you to remind us to write in teal for July.  Don't forget Saturday 2pm EST is Super Saturday.  80% of the proceeds go towards ovarian cancer research.  Buy till it hurts!!!!  Haha

download.jpg

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

My air conditioner stopped working Saturday.  Luckily it wasn't too hot.  I thought it felt humid and looked at the thermometer, it was 78.  I was able to get someone to come over this afternoon and fix it.  Apparently, there are bugs that breed when it's wet and hot.  Well one of those bugs got into the air conditioner and stopped the electric to it.  I tried to pay attention to what the guy was saying, but really didn't care.  LOL.  I kept thinking he's probably charging by the hour.  It was only $136 new part and stories included.  🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛

Thanks for the reminder about super Saturday.

but teal month has always been September? Unless they changed it. Anyway I guess it doesn't matter we can go TEAL in both months!

hugs 

Goldie

ps thank God you got your AC working! 

Respected Contributor

I guess this is as teal as it's going to get. Doesn't look teal to me.

GC sorry about your a/c problems but glad that it's fixed. Never thought about bugs invading the Ac's/  It's  cold here in Brooklyn. Feels good to have the windows open with fresh air coming in. Going to rain tomorrow here. Fine with me. 

Breakfast and shopping today.Bought Fran some chopped liver and sweet potatoes with cranberries as a surprise. She loved it. Something different for her. 

Doing nothing tomorrow. Husband is working. Yippee!! Peace and quiet. 

Goldie, I certainly will be buying something on QVC Sat for ovarian cancer.

Honored Contributor

I must have associated it with super Saturday.  Oh well, we'll support ya twice.

Calendar ICON 2(1).jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Congratulations, GraciesMom!   So happy for you!  Also, good to hear about you and your husband's insulins getting straightened out as well and that Gracie is doing pretty good too.  Sorry about the corneal issue for your husband.

Goldie, happy for you that GraciesMom's good news is giving you hope and something to hold on to and so happy to see you posting again!  Golden Girls chickens sounds like fun names.

Thanks, Jackie, for sending our names to the Padre.  How's your mother-in-law doing?

Hello to all and hope everyone is enjoying their Summer.  My landscaping and hardscaping are coming along now together with some exterior staining and painting  as we're making some progress in between rain showers and summer thunderstorms. For the first time, I saw my new opthamologist here last week. His office is sort of like going back in time....much older equipment, etc., than I've been used to for the past 40 yrs., but he seems to a good doctor....thorough and I liked him.  They dilated my eyes and I drove myself home which is thankfully only about 10 minutes away.  Slowly but surely I am settling into this community I guess.

Honored Contributor

Graciesmommy and I also fall in September.  We'll have to have a party.  💃💃💃💃💃

Respected Contributor

Bow you drove home after you got your eyes dilated?? I almost walked into a wall. 

Lord Fran took an anxiety pill this morning and now she's loxy. Told her to sleep it off. Very small dosage. It's phenergan. Used for the elderly. Short acting. 

Mother in law is doing fine. She's looking forward to seeing stepson on Sunday.She never refuses a free lunch. Haven't spoken to the other morons in the family. 

Nice day here today. Cool. Took a day to relax. Tomorrow I will be productive. 

Honored Contributor

Jackie, that's great that MIL is able to go out.  

My conservator didn't answer my email from Friday yet.  I called his office and got a machine, didn't leave a message.  I didn't have his cell phone number at work, so I'll call that tomorrow.

Today was nieces 15th birthday.  It was funny.  My mother and I going back and forth which day it was.  I get it mixed up with the day my father passed.  Father is 28th.  It's easier to remember nephews birthday because it was one day after my father's birthday.  Plus we were more involved with his birth.  We were having a birthday party for father at my house when sister's water broke.

Called niece and she said her father wanted to talk to me.  He apparently was taken to court by sister's lawyer two weeks ago to terminate child support and visitation.  I knew we had to do that, but not a word from conservator.  He didn't even go to court.... he was as on vacation.  Then the children's health coverage expired.  Ex BIL found out when he took niece for a physical.  One would think Ex BIL would find out about insurance and conservator would send him the renewal forms.  Instead nobody did anything and niece will be late turning it into the school.  No proof of a physical, no can go to school.

I feel like I'm the only sane one.

Respected Contributor

GC can you fire this moron and get another one. I would be ripping him a new one. It's not as if you live around the corner. 

Respected Contributor

GC - I totally agree with Jackie, he is not doing his job and it is seriously affecting the family.

And yes, you are the only sane one........

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains inappropriate language