Regular Contributor

Came down with a rash (hives) 3 months ago...It was HORRIBLE!!!

FIRST I WANT TO SAY I AM A VEGETARIAN.  THIS RASH WOULD COME AND GO. JUST WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING AWAY IT CAME BACK.

MITES MAYBE IN THE STRAW WE HAD IN DOGHOUSE? BED BUGS? FLEAS? ETC...THE THING IS MY HUSBAND DID NOT HAVE THE RASH! I WILL SAY THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I HAD THE HIVES FROM MY CHEST DOWN TO MY BACK TO MY LEGS. TO MY ARMS.  THE ITCH WAS SO BAD I SCRATCHED TILL THEY BLED.

NEVER HAD A RASH IN MY LIFE...NEVER HAD BEEN ALLERGIC TO ANYTHING.

WELL, EARLIER THIS YEAR I STARTED BUYING A NEW MEATLESS PRODUCT CALLED QURON.  FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BRAND!  SOMETHING INSIDE ME DECIDED TO LOOK AT THE INGREDIENTS 3 WEEKS AGO.  FIRST INGREDIENT ON THIS BRAND IS MYCOPROTEIN. THIS IS THE ONLY BRAND THAT CONTAINS THIS...SO I CHECKED INTO THIS AND IT IS A FERMENTED FUNGUS. INTERNET HAD SOME INTERESTING FACTS ON THIS. SO PEOPLE WERE REACTING WITH THROWING UP, STOMCH PAINS AND HIVES..YES HIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO 3 WEEKS AGO I STOPPED EATTING THIS BRAND COMPLETELY..GUESS WHAT??  HIVES NEVER CAME BACK...I WILL HAVE SOME SCARS BUT AT THIS POINT I AM RELIEVED!!!!

SHOULD I CONTACT THE COMPANY?  SOME COMPLAINTS I READ SAID THEY SHOULD HAVE A WARNING LABEL ON THIS BRAND..I WOULD STILL BE SUFFERING TODAY IF I HAD NOT FIGURED THIS OUT ON MY OWN..KINDA UPSET WITH THIS COMPANY..

Honored Contributor

Re: Came down with a rash (hives) 3 months ago...It was HORRIBLE!!!

I would call and tell them your experience.They won't put any warnings on products that have no complaints

Honored Contributor

I'd contact The Food and Drug Admin.  They regulate food products.  The company will just try to cover their you-know-what.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@lyn61... Thank you for mentioning the product 'Quron'...my son 

is a vegan and does purchase meatless products, and I

do as well, although I'm not vegan...I'll your information

on...I've broken out with hives and rashes many times

through the years, just misery...glad things got better 

after you stopped eating this brand.  Btw, great 

detective work...'elementary my dear'!   🔍

Honored Contributor

Yes, you should definitely share your unpleasant experience with the company, so they realize how their product is affecting consumers.   I feel it would be very beneficial to other vegetarians who might purchase this product and have a more serious life-threatening reaction.  I am glad you were able to figure this out in order to help yourself!

Honored Contributor

in case anyone wants to google this, I believe  it's spelled "Quorn".......and I know Target carries (carried) it..........................

♥Surface of the Sun♥