Respected Contributor

The CVS computer that tracks prescriptions is a royal pain.  I like to fill my prescriptions when I decide it is time. I do not want the computer pestering me about refills. I have tried to opt out of the automatic refills notices to no avail.

I have had the pharmacy tech override the command or remove it or whatever, but after one refill cycle the computer comes back. Is there a way to get the computer removed permanently?

Frequent Contributor

Re: CVS Computer Prescriptions

I know firsthand how frustrating this is. I called 1-800-SHOP CVS and tell them if they don't remove you from their instant refill you will have to go elsewhere.  It worked for me, I hope it works for you.  Good Luck! 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like the software is outthinking the employees which is how corporate likes it these days. 

As long as it is a standing prescription, you can always ignore the refill. We just put any unpicked up medication back on the shelves after a few days. 

You can always order it again when you want it. Still aggravating but you're not obligated to pick a prescription up until you're ready.

They'll redo it when you ask them to if the prescription is still active and the refill has been restocked.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  It makes me crazy.  I say don't auto refill then I get another call a couple o later!!!!

Respected Contributor

I had the same problem. I went to their website and took my scripts off auto refill. They would then send me texts asking me to reply yes or no for auto refill. I texted no.
Days later, Got two more texts with the same message. What a disorganized mess. 

I went to the pharmacy, the tech told me the script was still on the auto refill list. 

Honored Contributor

My plan used Caremark and thankfully we got rid of it as I had constant problems.  We switched to Optum several years ago and there hasn't been a bobble since.  Great service.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They are the most annoying store we have ever dealt with. We have a son that works at the corporate office. We have complained numerous times. Guess what CVS is calling as I write this. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

We opted out of automatic refills. Call and tell them if you choose.

Frequent Contributor

Ugh. Tell me about it! I've opted out several times.......had them override it at the store.....and STILL they autofill my scripts. Last one I just didn't pick up. What's worse is they call my cell phone too. 

If I hear that idiot say "Hell-o".......one more time I'll lose my mind. 

(ok...how many of you actually HEARD that voice in your head?...........Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

This is one of the reasons I don't get prescriptions at CVS anymore.  It was constantly refilling my daughter' s asthma inhalers then calling and texting me to pick it up.  Didn't matter how many times I called, they'd say they change it, but the following month was always the same.