Respected Contributor

COVID19 test needed before Mammogram?

Is this test needed before you can have a mammogram? Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: COVID19 test needed before Mammogram?

Ask your doctor. That's the person who would know, right?

Honored Contributor

In my area of WV, no.  

Covid testing is only required prior to procedures in same day surgery, and the operating room.   

Honored Contributor

I know someone who needed one before her colonoscopy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I had my mammogram done in July.  I didn't need to have a Covid test done.  Open entering facility, there was a desk...asks name and why you are there.  Takes temps, asks a couple of questions and then gave me a sticker to put on my shirt with the date on it and let me in.

Respected Contributor

It might be. You should check.   You and the technician will be in close proximity. Not to mention there will have been other people passing through/ using that machine before you.  If it were me, I would find out their protocol as soon as I could AND try to schedule the FIRST appointment of the day. hopefully they wipe the machine down last thing the day before so it would be the cleanist it's going to be all day first thing in the morning.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop
@I am still oxox
@scraphappy
Thanks for answering so soon. I have heard that it may vary state to state & even from one facility to another in your city/area. Have a nice evening!
Frequent Contributor

@MOMMAVik ....the hospital I work for does not require a Covid test for a mamogram.  It is not an invasive procedure. 

Honored Contributor

I'm going in September for a mammo and sonogram. I wasn't told I needed a test, I was told I needed to wear a mask. Call the facility where your having the test to make sure.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the tips, @candys mine. Like your name!;