Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline 

CIPRO is a very strong antibiotic.  I was recently on it and the side effects were horrible.  From dry mouth, severe blistered rash (hives)  to headaches🤬

I called my pharmacist to describe my symptoms.  Told me to immediately stop taking and then saw my dr who prescribed something else.

I have now found out I'm also allergic to this, sulfa based meds and penicillin.  Plus, sometimes other meds can cause other issues while taking antibiotics.

Definitely see your dr if you do think you have shingles.

Hope you feel better💐

Respected Contributor

I have never taken Cipro but 30 years ago I took Bactrum for an ear infection and had a horrible reacsulfa based meds and penicillintion so no more sulfa drugs for me.  A few years later I developed an allergic reaction to penicillin.  About 5 years ago I had MERSA and developed C-Diff from the antibotic to treat that.  So my choices for antibotics are very limited.  Thank goodness I haven't need to take any since my bout with C-Diff. 

Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline @That sounds awful. I'm so sorry! Cipro is a very heavy duty broad spectrum antibiotic. It was prescribed for my mother a few times for bad sinus infections that just wouldn't go away. She would get yeast infections despite taking anti fungal stuff and eating yogurt.  My poor mom. She suffered so much with all kinds of things.

i really hope you feel better soon. Take good care. Drink LOTS of water and don't hesitate to go back to your doctor soon if your symptoms don't subside!

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I have never taken Cipro but 30 years ago I took Bactrum for an ear infection and had a horrible reacsulfa based meds and penicillintion so no more sulfa drugs for me.  A few years later I developed an allergic reaction to penicillin.  About 5 years ago I had MERSA and developed C-Diff from the antibotic to treat that.  So my choices for antibotics are very limited.  Thank goodness I haven't need to take any since my bout with C-Diff. 

My sister had it, when I suggested that they test her for it I was tsk, tsked  away.  Well, it almost killed her by the time they decided to test her for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CIPRO!! Horrible

[ Edited ]

I've used cipro in the past and all was well except the tendon rupture concerns....I do think it did something to my achilles tendons.