Honored Contributor
Nothing worked better for me when I almost died with Aspiration Pneumonia than this device. I'ts nickname is ""the motivator"". For me it was a lifesaver. Still use it on a regular basis to assist my lung function.
hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Could it be an underlying lung infection too? Happened to me a couple of times. Perhaps you need to have them looked at.

Regular Contributor
Thanks everyone for your replies. I am starting to feel better,just have that tickle in my throat and still coughing.
Honored Contributor

You HAVE to take care of it as you are doing. It's nasty and can turn into pneumonia. I have gotten it often in my life and have had it turn into Bronchial Pneumonia. It will make you feel lousy for a long time, and if you "rush" your recovery you can relapse back. Please do everything the doctor tells you, take all the medication he gives you and don't feel like you can't call his office or see him in a moments notice if you feel the need, that's what he/she is there for.... take very good care... Smile

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and take your medicine. Be sure to get plenty of rest. I have had bronchitis and know what you are going through.

Regular Contributor

My daughter and I both had long bouts - weeks to months. We were given z-packs which did nothing. Docs told us it was viral. Finally, another doctor told us we had "walking pneumonia" gave us Biaxin, and within 36 hours of starting it, it was like someone had flipped a light switch. We were markedly better!!

Respected Contributor
Like a poster above, Z-paks, albuterol inhaler, and the codeine cough syrup, I am taking Mucinex expectorant to thin out the unbelievably thick mucus upper and lower respiratory. The exhaustion is overwhelming: I've spent three days in bed which hasn't happened since I was sick as a child. Stamina looks like it's making a comeback. Craving: Italian water ice ! ! This sickness is making the rounds here in the Philly suburbs. Stay healthy please.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill