Respected Contributor

OK, I have pain in my right breast- I have had it for about a week-not sharp shooting pain, but sore if I touch it, more like tender-  I thought I might have run into something and hurt it- no bruise, no swelling, i have large breasts- it hurts..

I have a mammogram every year- last in June and it was clear- I am 60  and post menopausal..

Anyone ever have something like this? Curious-I will most likely make an appt  if it doesnt go away in the next couple of days-

Honored Contributor

Could just be a benign cyst.

You may need an ultrasound.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker, I'm certainly not a doctor, nor have I had anything like you're describing. But - I would encourage you to call your doctor's office and make an appointment. It could be absolutely nothing, but you do need to find out. Good luck to you - make the appointment and don't put it off!

Honored Contributor

I would call your doctor and have him/her check it out.  It could be something or nothing.  Best to get it checked out...

Honored Contributor

I would make an appointment as soon as you can. Why put yourself in the position of not knowing, you drive yourself crazy. It's better to go to find out what it is. Good luck to you, I hope everything turns out fine.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Breast Pain

[ Edited ]

Still get it checked out, but breast pain can be a symptom of post menopause.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I would go get checked. Mammograms are not always 100%, especially if the mammo was not the 3-D kind.

Valued Contributor

Re: Breast Pain

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

OK, I have pain in my right breast- I have had it for about a week-not sharp shooting pain, but sore if I touch it, more like tender-  I thought I might have run into something and hurt it- no bruise, no swelling, i have large breasts- it hurts..

I have a mammogram every year- last in June and it was clear- I am 60  and post menopausal..

Anyone ever have something like this? Curious-I will most likely make an appt  if it doesnt go away in the next couple of days-

YES!!  I could have written your post.  I had breast cancer 7 years ago and had a lumpectomy and radiation.  About 6 weeks ago I started having the same symptoms you describe -- pain -- soreness -- tenderness -- plus pain under my arm.  I was one million percent positive that something was very wrong.  After making myself crazy -- I had ultrasounds of both breasts.  Everything was fine -- for which I am VERY grateful --  but the pain is still there.  In my case -- very possibly scar tissue.  The one thing that helped me keep some degree of sanity was that my gynecologist has told me the biggest complaint she hears in her practice is about breast pain.  I would suggest that you have this checked out by your doctor so you can put your mind at ease.  Wishing you the best!

Honored Contributor

I get breast pain often, especially while on vacation.  I have had this checked out many times. My doctor told me that too much caffeine can lead to breast pain for some women.

I am sure she is correct.  I drink a lot of iced tea on vacation. When I go back to water, the pain goes away.

If you are taking in too much caffeine, you could cut back and see if the pain goes away. Also have yourself checked out, just to be sure.

i have had a breast biopsy and I also get localized  pain in that area of trauma.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, have it from time to time. Okay, monthly. Nearly like PMS but I'm post menopausal. Someone forgot to notify the girls.

My dr recommended lymphatic drainage. Your lymph system transports lymph fluid. Because I'm a D cup and wear supportive bras, the girls get a little tender when excess fluid has no where to go.

I limit my caffeine intake when possible. I'd die without coffee. There is a great YT video on lymphatic drainage by Athena Jezick. She is a licensed LMT. I have a local naturopath who offers lymphatic drainage as well from 15 min. to 1 hr.

Give it a try.