Honored Contributor

You definitely want to get it checked.  A few years back I was having pain in my left breast.  I got on-line at various breast cancer sights and read that breast pain is not usually one of the symptoms of breast cancer.   I went to my doctor and was sent for a diagnostic mammogram.  When speaking with both my gyno and the tech who did my mammo, I mentioned that I read breast pain isn't a sign of BC. Both told me many breast cancers start with breast pain and anytime you have an unusual pain, it should be checked. 

Long story short, it turned out I had frozen shoulder and my breast pain was reflective pain.  It was in my shoulder and radiating into my breast.  

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker

Just curious, have you ever had shingles?

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker I hope you pain has disappeared by now. If not, I'm sure you made an appt to see the doctor. I too had pain years ago that (as someone else mentioned ) was radiating from my shoulder. This has nothing to do with your particular pain at this moment but I suggest and this is only my opinion, that when you get your 3D Mammo also get a Sonogram at the same time, every year. Sometimes, things can be seen in a Sono that can't be seen in a Mammo.

Again, I hope your pain has gone or you've made an appt to see a doctor, for your physical and mental health. How does the song go, " How Lovely To Be A Woman "!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Mothertrucker

Just curious, have you ever had shingles?

No and that reminds me that when I was at the Dr in Oct, they were supposed to call me when they got the Shingrix in stock!

Respected Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@Mothertrucker I hope you pain has disappeared by now. If not, I'm sure you made an appt to see the doctor. I too had pain years ago that (as someone else mentioned ) was radiating from my shoulder. This has nothing to do with your particular pain at this moment but I suggest and this is only my opinion, that when you get your 3D Mammo also get a Sonogram at the same time, every year. Sometimes, things can be seen in a Sono that can't be seen in a Mammo.

Again, I hope your pain has gone or you've made an appt to see a doctor, for your physical and mental health. How does the song go, " How Lovely To Be A Woman "!

Thanks! yes, i will be seeing a physician tomorrow, so we will see wht she has to say..

Respected Contributor

So, she couldnt feel anything  (nor could  I) so she sent me for a STAT mammogram and ultrasound which showed nothing..

It is still sore, but as long as its nothing bad I can live with it-  I was pretty nervous..Glad I went in...

thanks all!

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

So, she couldnt feel anything  (nor could  I) so she sent me for a STAT mammogram and ultrasound which showed nothing..

It is still sore, but as long as its nothing bad I can live with it-  I was pretty nervous..Glad I went in...

thanks all!

@Mothertrucker Yay! I'm so glad for you. The next time you go for a mammo, insist on also getting a script for a sono. That's how they found my Breast Cancer. It  didn't show up in my mammo but it showed in the sonogram.

Again, great! This is a good sign for this new year for you.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Super Contributor

@Mothertrucker years ago I had a liquid filled cyst on my left breast. It was a huge cyst even though I'm flat chested. I had a sonogram done on it. The cyst did cause soreness. It has since gone away.

Honored Contributor
Thanks this is so helpful!